Sarah Palin coming to Ft Wayne Nov 19th!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Let me guess......you guys are all between the ages of 40-60. I just don't understand this Palin fascination. It always turns into a bunch of middle-aged dudes making generic sexual inuendos. Don't take me the wrong way. I'm not trying to knock you guys, I love women too. It just seems like I never hear guys talking about her politics. I personally feel like she is a political dud, and was a big mistake during the last election. Do you guys really think she could be a viable presidential candidate? Or are the pheromones just to hard to resist.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    Let me guess......you guys are all between the ages of 40-60. I just don't understand this Palin fascination. It always turns into a bunch of middle-aged dudes making generic sexual inuendos. Don't take me the wrong way. I'm not trying to knock you guys, I love women too. It just seems like I never hear guys talking about her politics. I personally feel like she is a political dud, and was a big mistake during the last election. Do you guys really think she could be a viable presidential candidate? Or are the pheromones just to hard to resist.

its not all about politics and demographics. i'm 33 and i'd love to discuss some of her agenda while performing other acts of kindness to her. so you old guys back off. shes staying with me!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    its not all about politics and demographics. i'm 33 and i'd love to discuss some of her agenda while performing other acts of kindness to her. so you old guys back off. shes staying with me!

Her "agenda" ? :D

C'mon people she's a grandma. A Grandma I'd....

Ah better not the the ban ain't worth it.

How about a different thread on "how rogue you'd go?" ??

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Okay I'll play this game. Lets say you and only you get to pick the new 2 president candidates (1 D and 1 R) but the ONLY rule is both must be FEMALE. Who would you pick and why?

IMO what this country really needs is a female that will look at the finances and chaos in this house (the USA) and say "No more money for anything! We are going on a tight budget. Everyone willing under my roof is going to listen to MOM!"

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Okay I'll play this game. Lets say you and only you get to pick the new 2 president candidates (1 D and 1 R) but the ONLY rule is both must be FEMALE. Who would you pick and why?

IMO what this country really needs is a female that will look at the finances and chaos in this house (the USA) and say "No more money for anything! We are going on a tight budget. Everyone willing under my roof is going to listen to MOM!"

Game?...Okay, my answer would be none. I would never pick a candidate based on sex. Just like I would never pick a candidate based on any other trivial issue such as race. If you want a real answer, I would have to do a bit more research, focusing strictly on female politicians. I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't pick Palin. She is not the brightest crayon in the box by a long shot. Listening to her campaign just made me shake my head and roll my eyes. She wasn't even good at regurgitating the speechs that were written for her. I like a political rep that is at least slightly articulate. My whole point is that I never hear anyone (especially men) discuss anything about Palin that doesn't have to do with sex. And most conservative woman are just looking for the first woman president that's not HC......sound familiar....like a certain other demographic wanting a certain type of president in the last election?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Next to Joe Biden, she looks like a combination of the better characteristics of Einstein, Mother Teresa, and a Playboy bunny.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Game?...Okay, my answer would be none. I would never pick a candidate based on sex. Just like I would never pick a candidate based on any other trivial issue such as race. If you want a real answer, I would have to do a bit more research, focusing strictly on female politicians. I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't pick Palin. She is not the brightest crayon in the box by a long shot. Listening to her campaign just made me shake my head and roll my eyes. She wasn't even good at regurgitating the speechs that were written for her. I like a political rep that is at least slightly articulate. My whole point is that I never hear anyone (especially men) discuss anything about Palin that doesn't have to do with sex. And most conservative woman are just looking for the first woman president that's not HC......sound familiar....like a certain other demographic wanting a certain type of president in the last election?

+1 I agree whole heartedly. While pleasant to look at, I felt she was a poor choice as a vice presidential nominee.

Lets just hope for a strong presidential candidate this next time around. Perhaps someone who has a few less strings attached... if that's even possible.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    +1 I agree whole heartedly. While pleasant to look at, I felt she was a poor choice as a vice presidential nominee.

Lets just hope for a strong presidential candidate this next time around. Perhaps someone who has a few less strings attached... if that's even possible.

Here is something I am really curious about, RCB. What are your specific reasons for not liking Sarah Palin? Any other people want to chime in here? I am not trying to start an argument but I would like to here specific reasons why you don't like her as a political candidate.

She is pro-2nd Amendment, pro-life, pro-small business, pro-personal privacy, pro-limited government. She strongly supports the US's military forces and she has proven to be willing to take on political corruption even if it is in her own party. She also communicates her viewpoints to you just as if you were best friends. McCain, Obama, and Biden all seem to talking down to me as if they are so smart and I am the dumb, undeducated citizen unable to understand just how the goverment is supposed to work.

She is also the one person who lit a fire under the Republican base. When she was chosen as the Republican VP candidate, I placed a call to my local Republican hq to see what I could do to help get the McCain/Palin ticket elected. The man who answered said he was receiving calls from all over the county from people just like me. He was also honest enough to tell me that support from the grassroot Republicans in the county was ho-hum until Palin came along. He was a McCain supporter and didn't really care for Palin. LOL

Her first two television interviews were heavily edited by the ABC and CBS to make her answers to questions look like the ramblings of a brainless idiot from Alaska who was out of touch with the real world. I watched both the interviews and then went online to see the full, unedited versions. They were radically different than what actually came across the television screen.

When Palin visited Nobleville back in October of 08, I stood in line for over six hours to see her. Up and down the line people were enthusiastically waiting to see her. Even today, over one year after the election, she still manages to draw in crowds in a way John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee could never do. Her book hasn't even been released yet and it is already a bestseller. She is still popular with someone!!!!

So, from those of you who don't really care for her, could you be more specific as to why you don't like her? From my perspective, what's not to like?

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Specifically my criticisms are results of her lack of experience.

I didn't say she was a horrible person, but rather that she was a poor VP nominee.

She had almost no foreign policy experience.

She had a rough time dealing with national media (while not a terrible thing in and of itself, we are are still talking about a presidential campaign, not a mayoral race in a small town) poorly delivering scripted answers (or delivering poorly scripted answers... either way with the same end result)

I personally disagree with firing someone for not supporting your own ideas, particularly in a political office... something she admitted to. Sure, most politicians do, but I find it of poor character.

Hadn't completed even one term as governor (which she didn't even finish).

And then that bridge to nowhere they all lauded. She stopped it, after first supporting it. It's great to admit a mistake, but it was a bad move to use it as ammunition when you were also a supporter.

Not saying any one of these things is terrible, but when you don't have a particular strength to rely on, I think it makes you a poor VP running mate in a presidential election.

Politically she sides with things I agree with, but what were her proven strengths? If you have limited experience, its important to show well in debates and interviews. She just didn't provide enough meat for me to bite.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I'd like to answer the general question of why I was (and am) fired up a bit about Sarah Palin coming to Fort Wayne and posted it here.

The most glaring answer to this is that I know many folks here like Sarah Palin! That is it! Most folks here have a conservative bent and she was the Vice Presidential Candidate who fired up the republican base! In all honesty if I heard that VP Joe Biden was coming to town and saw that it hadn't yet been posted on a generally pro democratic site I would rush to let those who like him be aware of his pending visit.

I like what I have heard overall from Gov Palin. She did not do her best in some of the interviews, but I can speak from experience as someone who has run for office that it can be almost impossible to not look like an idiot when an interviewer throws you a loaded question out of left field.

Do I agree with her 100%? Of course not. Neither do I disagree with her 100% either.

For the record I have tried to contact Gov Palin and invited her to do a half hour television interview while she is here. I doubt I'll get a response but it never hurts to ask.

Slightly off point I think Meijer store is going to get a bunch of ticked off folks on their hands! They are going to force you to buy a book at their store if you want Gov Palin to sign it. I wonder how the folks who have already purchased her book someplace else or can't prove they bought it at Meijers are going to feel being told, "Too bad, you didn't buy it here so you can't have Sarah sign it."? Not the brightest business decision in my opinion.

Regards,

Doug

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Specifically my criticisms are results of her lack of experience.

I didn't say she was a horrible person, but rather that she was a poor VP nominee.

She had almost no foreign policy experience.

She had a rough time dealing with national media (while not a terrible thing in and of itself, we are are still talking about a presidential campaign, not a mayoral race in a small town) poorly delivering scripted answers (or delivering poorly scripted answers... either way with the same end result)

I personally disagree with firing someone for not supporting your own ideas, particularly in a political office... something she admitted to. Sure, most politicians do, but I find it of poor character.

Hadn't completed even one term as governor (which she didn't even finish).

And then that bridge to nowhere they all lauded. She stopped it, after first supporting it. It's great to admit a mistake, but it was a bad move to use it as ammunition when you were also a supporter.

Not saying any one of these things is terrible, but when you don't have a particular strength to rely on, I think it makes you a poor VP running mate in a presidential election.

Politically she sides with things I agree with, but what were her proven strengths? If you have limited experience, its important to show well in debates and interviews. She just didn't provide enough meat for me to bite.

Thanks for voicing your reasons, RCB. From my perspective, I will say that you do have some valid reasons. I did and still do like her so it would be interesting to see if she would even throw her hat in for higher office. I would like to have other options besides her, though. :D

I hope you find a candidate you could comfortably support in 2012. :patriot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In Grand Rapids, it looks like people waited overnight in a parking lot to get wristbands...they only had room for 800 people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVykA75Ao4]YouTube - Doors open for Palin book wristbands[/ame]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    sarahcuda_530_01.jpg

Top Bottom