• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've seen this SALT Self-Defense Gun | DudeIWantThat.com brought up several times today. Nonlethal and accuracy not necessarily required. Thoughts?

[video=youtube_share;zS8gH_fa_ds]http://youtu.be/zS8gH_fa_ds[/video]

• Chemical Response Time: Vision impairment, coughing, and burning set in within seconds. They gradually diminish over the next 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the exposure time and quantity).
    • Hang Time: SALT compounds are designed to hang in the air so they are easily inhaled and have maximal access to the eyes and skin.
    • Range: A single SALT round creates a 4' to 5' diameter cloud.
    • Impact: Rounds travel at 320 feet per second. An intact ball of SALT has the same kinetic energy as a 50mph fastball.
    • Chemical Safety: SALT says its chemical base has been deemed safe and effective by more than 5,000 agencies including the Department of Homeland Security, the US Military, and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    5 bucks a "round" no thanks they can take that gun and shove it. Even so NY, MA, CA, and HI still have regs against this thing.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    We use those at the prison I work in, only it's shot from a paintball gun. $5 a round?? They're out of their minds, ours are much cheaper. They don't stop the threat of someone trying to take you life or a loved ones life, just deter it. I will keep my REAL firearm...never something like this...that's not saying I don't have a couple retired cans of OC laying around lol

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Perhaps I am wrong in my thinking but if someone is displaying clear and unambiguous hostile intent towards me, especially in my own home, I am not convinced of the merits of using a less lethal device to fire small amounts of condiments at my assailant.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Perhaps I am wrong in my thinking but if someone is displaying clear and unambiguous hostile intent towards me, especially in my own home, I am not convinced of the merits of using a less lethal device to fire small amounts of condiments at my assailant.
    :+1:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    A more effective product already exists.

But if they want to make additional videos of them dripping snot, more power to them.

Any any defense that can be defeated by goggles and a 3M filter mask? Might not be worth owning.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    What happens when someone is high on bath salts or amphetamines (but I couldn't pass that up :cool:) and "non lethal" isn't enough. Heck lethal isn't enough a lot of times!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    What happens when someone is high on bath salts or amphetamines (but I couldn't pass that up :cool:) and "non lethal" isn't enough. Heck lethal isn't enough a lot of times!
    With this less than lethal option we should follow escalation of force protocols through the HoC (Hierarchy of Condiments);
    - salt
    - pepper
    - vinegar
    - mustard

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    So, if I understand this right, this gun makes a cloud of irritant that will disable anyone who inhales it.
    And all the people in the room are in danger of being disabled.
    Forget close range.
    Just say no.
    There is no application for this where a better product doesn't already exist.

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    My son showed me this a couple weeks ago and asked me what i thought. I referred him to the wikipedia page on the 1986 FBI shootout in Miami where one perp took 6 shots and the other 12 before dying and 2 agents died from .223 rounds to the chest, 1 and 2 respectively. There is no substitute for FIREPOWER.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I've seen pepperspray balls for paintball guns. You can't exactly walk around with a paintball in the breech, the weapon would have to have a detent to hold it in place, and you'd have to hope the ball isn't swelled with moisture. Paintballs don't fly nearly as straight as bullets do, either. If the assailant is wearing lots of clothes, or takes a glancing hit, it may not break.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The test subject didn't look "incapacitated" to me.
    Also, it's not much of a test using a whole baby powder dispenser instead of the little paintball.

Btw... The chemical is NOT salt.

Top Bottom