• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I like I a lot. I did manage to get the MAAD mount stuck closed off of the gun and SilencerCo swapped mine out with a new one with no issues. To be clear, I got the mount stuck not that it failed or was faulty.

I have a 7.62 brake that I'd sell you if you want another one. I just use the flash hiders.

308skinner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    So, IN
    I think i may run just flash hiders on my stuff. Beside my 260 i may put the brake on it. Do you have any POI shifts? My Harvester had no POI shift. Which is why i went with Silencerco again. Alot of my buddies have other makes and they have about a 1" POI shift which still is not bad at all.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yeah, I'm the same way but I'm too lazy to mess with timing the brake.

I haven't checked the POI shift. If there is any then the design of the Saker makes it repeatable by lining it up the same each time with the lugs on the flash hider. It locks up really well though so I don't see it creating much shift.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I like I a lot. I did manage to get the MAAD mount stuck closed off of the gun and SilencerCo swapped mine out with a new one with no issues. To be clear, I got the mount stuck not that it failed or was faulty.

I have a 7.62 brake that I'd sell you if you want another one. I just use the flash hiders.

I'm surprised they had to replace it. I know if you twist the lock ring off the gun it can be really hard to set back to fully open, but usually a padded vise grips or channel locks allow you to turn the ring fully to the unlocked position.

ETA: I really like my Saker 762. The mount is really solid and I have more confidence in it long term than the 51 tooth mount on my M4-2000.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Mine arrived without the tools so the 1st time I tried it it got stuck. You really need the tools to tighten the body against the mount or it won't release from the muzzle device correctly.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    One hand on and off is really nice. My only issue with it is Silencerco's new cans don't appear to be compatible with the trifecta. Looks like they are going with the ASR type. Sure you can buy the ASR mount but already buying the can and several mounts, I was expecting some forward compatibility with new cans.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I wondered myself why SilencerCo was going back to the ASR mounts for their newer cans, unless it's because it's a simpler and more importantly cheaper mount for them to mfg. They're newer cans have been cheaper than the Saker, so maybe that's why they went with the cheaper, but serviceable ASR mount.

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    I think i may run just flash hiders on my stuff. Beside my 260 i may put the brake on it. Do you have any POI shifts? My Harvester had no POI shift. Which is why i went with Silencerco again. Alot of my buddies have other makes and they have about a 1" POI shift which still is not bad at all.

Mine shoots 1.5" moa low with the Saker vs just the Muzzle break. It is consistent so it is easy to dial for. I have been able to achieve a best of .343 5 shot group with it attached.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    This is the response I got from Silencerco when inquiring if they planned to offer the Hybrid with a Saker compatible mount.

We don't have any current plans to adopt a mount for the Hybrid that will use the Saker muzzle devices, but you can purchase an ASR mount for the Saker that will make it compatible with the ASR muzzle devices that the Hybrid uses.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    May also be an issue where they want to keep the "superior" mounting system for their more expensive can. In other words, give a differentiation that might help convince someone to pony up the extra bread for the Saker.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This may sounds stupid, but if your can gets stuck punch it. Strike it on the side with an open palm to break it loose. That's what SilencerCo says to do, and it does work.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Unless it somehow gets stuck so damn good it actually unscrews your muzzle device......

Silencerco also says to use their tool they ship and you should be able to get the needed leverage on it

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Thanks for the tips about getting it off. Mine is extremely difficult to get off and I was wondering if that was normal. I've used it twice so far on two different guns and both times it took a lot of strength to break it free.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks for the tips about getting it off. Mine is extremely difficult to get off and I was wondering if that was normal. I've used it twice so far on two different guns and both times it took a lot of strength to break it free.

Take it off the can and clean it, plus the taper on the muzzle devise. Gets easier. Silencerco told me that the Saker requires 1.5 times the power to get it off than it took to get it off. So 1 guy told me after I got mine he cranks his on another said it just needs snugged well.

There's also differences in MAAD mounts. The newer ones have a lot shorter twist time before lock up than the older ones and after I took my older MAAD mount off and reinstalled it, the lock time/twist time decreased. Re-timed it I guess

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I love the trifecta mount. I've complained to Silencerco several times about not using it on their newer cans. In my opinion, it is very much superior to the ASR, both in design and in operation. There is no way I'm replacing the MAAD mount on my Saker with an ASR. I'm mad about the whole thing as I'd love to buy an Omega. If it had the Trifecta, it'd be done. I just don't get it.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I love the trifecta mount. I've complained to Silencerco several times about not using it on their newer cans. In my opinion, it is very much superior to the ASR, both in design and in operation. There is no way I'm replacing the MAAD mount on my Saker with an ASR. I'm mad about the whole thing as I'd love to buy an Omega. If it had the Trifecta, it'd be done. I just don't get it.
    There is an aftermarket adapter available as of just a few weeks ago that allows using the MAAD modules on the Omega. I'll find a link...

Edit for link: Tar Heel State Firearms - Titanium Omega/MAAD Adapter

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    There is an aftermarket adapter available as of just a few weeks ago that allows using the MAAD modules on the Omega. I'll find a link...

Edit for link: Tar Heel State Firearms - Titanium Omega/MAAD Adapter

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Although it then turns an $800 can into an $1160 can, but it's nice to know it's an option. I wonder if it would be possible to make MAAD adapters for other brand suppressors, like Rugged?

Top Bottom