• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Every gun I own gets shot at least once a month. Every handgun I own get puts in my carry rotation besides my Fusion Firearms 1911 AllenM built me. Only reason I dont carry the Fusion Firearms 1911 is because the trigger pull is set at 2lb or less and I signed a waiver saying the gun is set up for competition use. But everytime I go to the range the Fusion Firearms 1911 get a few hundred rounds put through it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Older or sentimental firearms I could understand keeping them in your safe as a cool thing to say you own or to pass on to your kids. However, I do not own any safe queens or sentimental firearms.

These are the ones I consider "safe queens" - that old Remington rolling block and such.

Then there's the "safe jokers', that the Remington 522 Viper was one. :n00b:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a few that would qualify based on how often they get shot, and once in a while, will sell it if I don't see myself shooting it anytime soon. Some I have because I like to have them and they make me happy. My WWII Colt 1911 is one. I do shoot it once in a while, but for the most part, it's a safe queen. Some guns are just fun to collect even if I don't get to take them out every so often. Guns that I buy for carry either get carried or sold though. I sold my Glock 29 because I just never carried it. I found that a Glock 27 was easier to shoot and easier to carry and would do the job needed so the 29 went to a new home. I can live with 1911 safe queens because I collect 1911s. I cannot live with a Glock safe queen because I buy those for carry and if they don't get carried, they make room for something that will.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I think if i came across a smoking deal on something rare and highly collectable I may let is sit in the safe. That being said I shoot everything I own as often as time and weather allow. :rockwoot:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I have many "Safe Queens" and I do not have a safe, but a locked and barricaded room. Many are never put into the rotation, sorta hard when the numbers reach into the hundreds.

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    Some people really like spending money on things they will never use. Not my thing though. If a gun can't shoot a few thousand rounds without being ruined I don't own it.

I hav noticed any gun for sale on the internet has at the most 200 rounds fired through it. Every gun for sale is a safe queen. :-D

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    None for me. I shoot them or sell them and buy something I will shoot. I also don't get to shoot as often as I'd like so the rotation is small. My inventory is basically 4 rifles, 4 pistols and a shotgun. Uh oh, is the NSA monitoring this? :cool:

I would be susceptible to collecting 1911s...love 'em.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    My safe queen is the first handgun I ever purchased. It's a Beretta 92F Compact (13 shot) with walnut handles manufactured in 1987 in Italy. I bought it new in England at the Rod & Gun Club at RAF Bentwaters in 1991. Love that gun. I bought it for $550 when I made $7000 per year gross. I have never seen another one like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      454.5 KB · Views: 5

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I wouldn't call some of mine safe queens, but there are a few that are shot considerably less then others.
    A few were passed down that I will never sell. Not hard to find room in a safe or get a larger safe to keep them as my future kids may want them some day.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't have any intentional safe queens, but no one gun gets shot a lot. Just rotating through them a few at a time takes awhile. If I lived someplace where I could step out the back door and shoot, they'd all see a lot more use.
    Pretty much the same with me.

Some people enjoy collecting more than shooting. And of course finding ammo, and paying for it....l..

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I do have a few guns I haven't shot yet... but that's not because they are safe queens... that's because of the weather and my schedule. As soon as I can get to a range, they will be getting a good workout.

Top Bottom