• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My brother's best friend has a 1911 that was customized courtesy of Mr. Clark (the elder, I believe), and it was a real eye-opener to me when I first saw it in 1991, having only seen and fired the issue 1911s that we had in the Navy.
    I believe (am I right?) that Mr. Clark was one of the pioneering gunsmiths to turn the 1911 into a far more accurate and reliable gun.
    It doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, especially today, but it was a real surprise, and a pleasant one at that, shooting a 1911 that would perfectly feed and fire full wadcutters.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    My brother's best friend has a 1911 that was customized courtesy of Mr. Clark (the elder, I believe), and it was a real eye-opener to me when I first saw it in 1991, having only seen and fired the issue 1911s that we had in the Navy.
    I believe (am I right?) that Mr. Clark was one of the pioneering gunsmiths to turn the 1911 into a far more accurate and reliable gun.
    It doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, especially today, but it was a real surprise, and a pleasant one at that, shooting a 1911 that would perfectly feed and fire full wadcutters.

This is day and age of must have quality 1911s. Not being very knowable at the time when really loose slides 1911s, horrible inaccurate GI issue where common. Have buddy that told me about guy being at the range for a considerable amount of time shooting at jug with a 1911 with his wife and finally hit it and was proud as could be. Also my father-in-law talks about how bad the issued 1911s were that he used in the marines.

Top Bottom