• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    A friend asked me about a good gunsmith in NWI who is proficient with tuning Smith And Wesson revolvers. Any sugestions are welcome ...but would prefer first hand knowledge or experience with this gunsmith......

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Eric Gutridge in Griffith, IN. Has been rated as one of the Top 20 gunsmiths in the country. I know him, and he's thoroughly familiar with S&W wheelguns. Most stuff, I work on my own. But Eric's worked on my gear, and can attest that his work is top notch.

Not exactly sure what your friend is wanting, as modern S&W's need 'little to no' tuning. DA/SA is almost perfect right out of the box, maybe just a 'touch up'?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Denny Reichert at Sand Burr in Rochester is good with Smith revolvers. (That's more of a North-central location). Make sure your friend spells out clearly what the purpose of the gun is (ie, is it a defensive gun, or a match gun for factory ammo or Federal-primed reloads only).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And there you have it - two of the best in the country right here in IN...

Hard to beat that, OP!

-J-

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Denny Reichert at Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester, IN is a great smithy on any S&W revolver. Myself and a shooting buddy have had him work on several revolvers and the transformation was outstanding. He did my 686 and it shoots like it is guided by the hand of the "shooting gods". Can't possibly go wrong with Denny!

Top Bottom