• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have seen several references to the Apex parts kit. What is it, what does it do and how much does it cost? I bought my first MP9 after the first of the year and love it. But like anyone else on this board am always looking for a way to improve a good thing.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have seen several references to the Apex parts kit. What is it, what does it do and how much does it cost? I bought my first MP9 after the first of the year and love it. But like anyone else on this board am always looking for a way to improve a good thing.

Which part(s) are you looking at? The Hard Sear is usually the first thing that M&P owners switch out as it helps the trigger out tremendously.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    apextactical.com

They do make them for .45.

I have M&Ps in 9mm, .40, and .45. All have the hard sear, USB, and RAM. All easy installation, with good videos on youtube. I highly recommend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have the Apex DCAEK (https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid35.html) in my 9c. I suspect the competition kit would be too light for every day carry.

I can't speak for individual components (since I installed the kit at one time), but the kit makes a pretty significant difference in the trigger. It is very smooth and an ideal weight for carry.

I'd really like to try out the forward set trigger kit, but it's a little pricey. Maybe on my next M&P.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got the DCAEK and the Apex RAM in my M&P 9. Ordered the parts right from Apex and they showed up 3 or 4 days later. I'm not anywhere near a gunsmith but I watched the install videos on their you tube channel a couple times and was able to install everything myself. Installing the Apex drop-ins were a big improvement - more positive reset and definitely a smoother trigger pull. I'd highly recommend the Apex kits if you're looking to upgrade your M&P.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a M&P 9 and a M&P 9 pro series and the Pro has a much lighter and smoother trigger to it than the regular one. Does the Apex kit improve the trigger over the better pro series trigger also or is it just an advantage over the others?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a M&P 9 and a M&P 9 pro series and the Pro has a much lighter and smoother trigger to it than the regular one. Does the Apex kit improve the trigger over the better pro series trigger also or is it just an advantage over the others?

Good - Better - Best

Apex (Competition) is definitely an improvement over the Pro.

The Standard with the DCAEK and the Pro may be a wash in terms of trigger pull.

The Apex kits help in other areas though. The main reason I installed it was for the shorter reset.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I might be a little slow but I'll ask. For an M&P Pro, the competition spring kit is the way to go and the hard sear is not needed? Also what about the USB? Is that needed for the pro if you are using the MOE sear?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I might be a little slow but I'll ask. For an M&P Pro, the competition spring kit is the way to go and the hard sear is not needed? Also what about the USB? Is that needed for the pro if you are using the MOE sear?

I don't own a Pro, but a buddy of mine does and I have shot it quite a bit. That being said, IMHO, I wouldn't mess with a Pro. I can not tell any discernible difference in the trigger pull of my buddies stock Pro and my "regular" that has the hardened sear and USB installed.

Top Bottom