• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm a strong M&P guy but gonna pass on this. As others have mentioned the price compared to the KelTec is high. I have four of the KelTecs and didn't have more than $300 in any of them. I modded one 9mm and one .40 with integrally suppressed barrels and mounted some sort of dot sight on the suppressor at 45 degrees. Guns still fold,......you just pivot the gun 45 degrees to shoot with the sights. Works just fine but not so much left handed.

The S&W seems okay but not spectacular. I don't think much of the controls. Breaking to the side,...okay,...maybe a better option than the KT but not much. What I really want someone to do is build a bullpup PCC in 9mm, something like the PS90 with that magazine layout would be fantastic. I just don't have any interest in 5.7. I want something short in 9mm to suppress. A KelTec RDB Survival in 9mm would do me just fine.
    I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your KT setup. That's what I am leaning to is a suppressed PCC setup, maybe .223 not sure.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Picked up the FPC today.

Took it home and went through it. The Sootch video shows the disassembly very well.

It is amazingly light and the weight is either above your strong hand or supported by your shoulder, so it seems even lighter than it is.

I found the charging handle very stiff out of the box and lubed up where it rides.

After handling the rifle for just a few minutes I moved the mag release to the right side. I'm a righty, but it is easier for me to release the magazine with my trigger finger than with the thumb on my strong hand. I can drop a mag with very little movement of the rifle.

Make sure you put the rifle on safe before disassembly. You do not want accidentally pull the trigger and get the hammer in the forward position. The owners manual also states you can damage the rifle dry firing it while disassembled.

There is a spring not shown in the Sootch video:

Springs 002.jpg
    Springs 001.jpg
    Springs 004.jpg

I have not seen any info about the charging handle latch. There is a spring loaded latch on the bottom of the buffer tube where it joins the receiver.

CH Latch 001.jpg CH Bottom 001.jpg

The slot where the charging handle rides is open from the bottom.

Charging Handle Slot 001.jpg

Here it is with red dot and angled foregrip installed:

FPC Open 001.jpg

In this configuration, with an empty 17 round mag it weighs 5 pounds, 10 1/2 ounces.

Out of the box the trigger was 5 pounds 1.6 ounces and after firing 100 rounds it was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces. Those are a five pull average with a Lyman digital scale. It has a nice break and a distinct wall.

I shot 100 rounds at an indoor range to function check it. Zero malfunctions. It just works.

It shoots well enough for me to use it in steel challenge matches.

You'll have to wait for a marksman to shoot it before you get a report on accuracy.

@actaeon277 and everyone else who wants this in other calibers, from the instruction manual:

1678415305801.png

Hmmmm - maybe, baby.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Picked up the FPC today.

Took it home and went through it. The Sootch video shows the disassembly very well.

It is amazing light and the weight is either above your strong hand or supported by your shoulder, so it seems even lighter than it is.

I found the charging handle very stiff out of the box and lubed up where it rides.

After handling the rifle for just a few minutes I moved the mag release to the right side. I'm a righty, but it is easier for me to release the magazine with my trigger finger than with the thumb on my strong hand. I can drop a mag with very little movement of the rifle.

Make sure you put the rifle on safe before disassembly. You do not want accidentally pull the trigger and get the hammer in the forward position. The owners manual also states you can damage the rifle dry firing it while disassembled.

There is a spring not shown in the Sootch video:

View attachment 261352
    View attachment 261351
    View attachment 261353

I have not seen any info about the charging handle latch. There is a spring loaded latch on the bottom of the buffer tube where it joins the receiver.

View attachment 261355 View attachment 261354

The slot where the charging handle rides is open from the bottom.

View attachment 261356

Here it is with red dot and angled foregrip installed:

View attachment 261357

In this configuration, with an empty 17 round mag it weighs 5 pounds, 10 1/2 ounces.

Out of the box the trigger was 5 pounds 1.6 ounces and after firing 100 rounds it was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces. Those are a five pull average with a Lyman digital scale. It has a nice break and a distinct wall.

I shot 100 rounds at an indoor range to function check it. Zero malfunctions. It just works.

It shoots well enough for me to use it in steel challenge matches.

You'll have to wait for a marksman to shoot it before you get a report on accuracy.

@actaeon277 and everyone else who wants this in other calibers, from the instruction manual:

View attachment 261358

Hmmmm - maybe, baby.
    What rds are you using?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The bolt catches are just about useless. They are tiny, very flat and have a raised nub below that makes pushing them up difficult. Forget about using them as a bolt release.

I found that the best way to use them was to come from under the gun with my thumb on one and forefinger on the other like you are pinching the gun and push them both up at the same time.

close up

1678426147190.png
    1678426263966.png

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've been a fan of 147gr for a long time. However, the 124gr I'm growing to like. Never cared for 115gr. In my experience the 115gr has the worst accuracy of the three.
    I don't have any 147 on hand, I've been buying 124 because that's what my Ruger PC Carbine shoots best with. I had the 115 left over from a bargain purchase for practice ammo. I ran the 115 because I've read that some PCCs don't like it. The FPC ran everything I put through it. There is a difference in powder between the Sellier & Bellot 124 and the Blazer 124. The specs are about the same but the S&B gives a sharper recoil, maybe from a faster burning powder?

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked mine up today, not a lot to add to what has been posted. I shoot rifles left handed and I had to switch the mag release to the right side. So for me mag changes are a lot like an AR. I really like the mag retention in the stock. It is not competition fast but works for what I plan on using it for. The charging handle is indeed very stiff.

I threw a Spitfire AR on it. It seems too low but we'll see whenever I get it to the range. My only other complaint so far is the trigger, while adequate in weight and pull, just feels a little janky and cheap. A flat metal trigger would have been nice.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Picked mine up today, not a lot to add to what has been posted. I shoot rifles left handed and I had to switch the mag release to the right side. So for me mag changes are a lot like an AR. I really like the mag retention in the stock. It is not competition fast but works for what I plan on using it for. The charging handle is indeed very stiff.

I threw a Spitfire AR on it. It seems too low but we'll see whenever I get it to the range. My only other complaint so far is the trigger, while adequate in weight and pull, just feels a little janky and cheap. A flat metal trigger would have been nice.
    Let us know how it works for you at the range.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The charging handle is indeed very stiff.
    That will get better with use and some lubrication.

I shoot rifles left handed and I had to switch the mag release to the right side.
    I'm right handed and moved the mag release to the right side. Found it easier to hit it with my trigger finger while the rifle is shouldered. It's very easy to swap.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That will get better with use and some lubrication.

I'm right handed and moved the mag release to the right side. Found it easier to hit it with my trigger finger while the rifle is shouldered. It's very easy to swap.
    I have shorter thick fingers. I found in the short time I played with it that I had to break my grip too much to use my trigger finger. By switching it I can use my thumb or index finger of my support hand easily. This has the potential of being a great travel gun, replacing the braced Draco which used to be in that role.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have shorter thick fingers. I found in the short time I played with it that I had to break my grip too much to use my trigger finger. By switching it I can use my thumb or index finger of my support hand easily. This has the potential of being a great travel gun, replacing the braced Draco which used to be in that role.
    I'm really interested in it because of the compactness when folded and that it is 9mm. I could get rid of my lone AR15 and consolidate down one more caliber.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm really interested in it because of the compactness when folded and that it is 9mm. I could get rid of my lone AR15 and consolidate down one more caliber.
    Yep. It is very close to the same width and length as my Mini Draco with side folding brace. Much lighter though. I picked up a Foxtrot Mike AR style pistol with a second rifle upper a bit ago to have something in a foldable or easily broken down 9mm rifle (stupid brace thing). It uses Glock mags though and I don't shoot Glocks. I'll probably sell that off now that I have this.

Top Bottom