Feb 4, 2013
    IMG_2183_zps07f297ec.jpg

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Here's my S&W E-Series fulls size with rails. I added an Ed Brown mag well and had custom grips made by Monkey Grips. She's a champ. I've cleaned her once when I got her and have run her dry and dirty for about 2K+ rounds without a problem! (Except some light reloads) I have no regrets, it was worth every penny! :D: rockwoot:
    YMMV though...

SNV11329.png

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My father bought a new one. This was his sesond E series When he got it home there was a big burr where they installed the sight. It looked as if the dove tail was not cut deep enough for the sight.

The sight was also off center nearly an 1/8 of an inch. The gun shot about 8 in to the right. There was not enough travel left in the dove tail to adjust the sight.

I told him to send it in to get it fixed. He ended up trading in on a different 1911.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It's my intention to collect hand guns. I don't have much now, but it seems with each new gun I get, the more I want. I currently do not have a 1911.

I have done some research on various 1911s. I am looking a commander size 45ACP version. I really like the S&W E-Series 1911. I have not fired one, but I have held a couple.

If you have any experience with this pistol, would you please post your comments. Positive or negative.

Thanks.

I own one.....I got it for Christmas, it has quickly become my daily carry gun. It's a joy to shoot, and is deadly accurate.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Got mine back in early January and have only put 100 rounds thru it. When I started my search, I had a max budget of $2,000, but really wanted to stay under $1,500. Was looking at the Kimbers, but after seeing this and reading a couple reviews, I started looking at it closer and closer. Made 3 trips up to the Indiana Gun Club, and always came back to this gun. I was carrying an XDm 9 or 45, and this is smaller than the XDm (but not by much). It is a great looking gun, shoots well and you can't go wrong with a S&W. -- Greg

Do you know how good that gun would look in a set of Simply Rugged's Cuda Klingon Battle gear? Wow. I am toying with the idea of getting a set, but it is one EXPENSIVE holster.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Definitely! Super sweet side-arm! I tried looking up those monkey grips, but I could find much but this: Lazza's Monkey Grips | Custom Grips by Larry Davidson
    Do they only do 1911?

I'm not sure, I think he might but I cant be positive. Shoot him an email, he usually responds very quickly. I asked him about my custom grips and he responded in less than 24hrs. He's incredibly easy to work with and will answer any questions you have.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It's my intention to collect hand guns. I don't have much now, but it seems with each new gun I get, the more I want. I currently do not have a 1911.

I have done some research on various 1911s. I am looking a commander size 45ACP version. I really like the S&W E-Series 1911. I have not fired one, but I have held a couple.

If you have any experience with this pistol, would you please post your comments. Positive or negative.

Thanks.

BTW...here are two great reviews on the gun:

1. Truth about Guns
    2. Gunblast.

And I just have to post this pict:

11.jpg

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    For those that don't want to read full review, here evaluation from top link in previous post:
    RATINGS (out of five)
    Style: * * * * *
    The small touches that Smith and Wesson have added to John Moses Browning’s 1911 design make this pistol beautiful to (be)hold. The wood on the grips alone is enough to make me want to open-carry.
    Ergonomics (Carry): * * * * *
    The “round-butt” bobtail makes this an ideal carry gun for those who have opted to carry a 1911. Printing is negligible and shirts stay un-torn when bending over.
    Ergonomics (Shooting): * * * * *
    The missing .75″ of barrel are hardly noticed when firing the SW1911Sc versus firing a full-sized 1911. the checkering and striations provide an aggressive but comfortable grip. A firm grip aids in reducing muzzle-flip, the 1911Sc performs better than expected in that department.
    Reliability: * * * * *
    One feeding issue—with Frangible rounds. With daily carry and range ammunition, the pistol hasn’t hiccuped. It eats flat nosers, hollow points, and ball without discriminating. In the Arizona high desert, this pistol functioned the entire week without a takedown.
    Customize This: * * * * 1/2
    The 1911 has a parts and accessories following with endless variations – many will fit the 1911Sc. Less 1/2 star for lack of grips available at the current time.
    Overall Rating: * * * * *
    This pistol competes with other bobtailed 1911′s wearing the names Bill Wilson, Kimber, Dan Wesson, and is a welcome addition. Smith have priced this pistol to undercut most every other bobtail commander on the market – what they haven’t cut is quality. The pistol runs like a champ. Another great offering from Smith & Wesson.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    For those that don't want to read full review, here evaluation from top link in previous post:
    RATINGS (out of five)
    Style: * * * * *
    The small touches that Smith and Wesson have added to John Moses Browning’s 1911 design make this pistol beautiful to (be)hold. The wood on the grips alone is enough to make me want to open-carry.
    Ergonomics (Carry): * * * * *
    The “round-butt” bobtail makes this an ideal carry gun for those who have opted to carry a 1911. Printing is negligible and shirts stay un-torn when bending over.
    Ergonomics (Shooting): * * * * *
    The missing .75″ of barrel are hardly noticed when firing the SW1911Sc versus firing a full-sized 1911. the checkering and striations provide an aggressive but comfortable grip. A firm grip aids in reducing muzzle-flip, the 1911Sc performs better than expected in that department.
    Reliability: * * * * *
    One feeding issue—with Frangible rounds. With daily carry and range ammunition, the pistol hasn’t hiccuped. It eats flat nosers, hollow points, and ball without discriminating. In the Arizona high desert, this pistol functioned the entire week without a takedown.
    Customize This: * * * * 1/2
    The 1911 has a parts and accessories following with endless variations – many will fit the 1911Sc. Less 1/2 star for lack of grips available at the current time.
    Overall Rating: * * * * *
    This pistol competes with other bobtailed 1911′s wearing the names Bill Wilson, Kimber, Dan Wesson, and is a welcome addition. Smith have priced this pistol to undercut most every other bobtail commander on the market – what they haven’t cut is quality. The pistol runs like a champ. Another great offering from Smith & Wesson.

VZ has a whole line of grips for it, I got the slims for mine. Not sure if I like the thinness yet, but they look great.

Top Bottom