S&W 327 M&P R8 PC revolver - need screws!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked up the above mentioned revolver from the classifieds as my revolver addiction, long in remission, has resurged. Beautiful bun and balances well; I can't wait to shoot it. However, three of the four screws needed to mount the rail on the barrel are missing. Numrich's shows nothing for this model, and S&W's website does not appear to have any parts links. I couldn't even find a contact the gunsmith link.

Anyone have an idea of a source for these screws? I don't know the part number as that would involve an exploded view, something else sorely missed from the past.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Call Smith & Wessons customer service? A friend was missing the scope base for his 629 PC Hunter and I called on a whim… they sent him one and a manual for free. It’s worth a shot…

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’d try Evansville bolt and nut, they’ve always had the tiny little odd screws I need

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well I ended up emailing S&W CS Thursday late afternoon. I received a phone call less than 24 hours later from S&W asking for my preferred shipping address for the screws, no charge. I explained I bought the revolver used and the missing screws were not their fault but they said free anyway.

It is good to know their service has not apparently declined.

Hatchet601

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Well I ended up emailing S&W CS Thursday late afternoon. I received a phone call less than 24 hours later from S&W asking for my preferred shipping address for the screws, no charge. I explained I bought the revolver used and the missing screws were not their fault but they said free anyway.

It is good to know their service has not apparently declined.
    That is good to hear. How did it shoot?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I received the package not long ago but when I opened it, instead of the four rail mount screws, it contained a single plug screw for the barrel. I emailed again on the 8th and got an apologetic reply the next day with a promise of the proper screws having been sent. I now feel obligated to put a dot on this thing.

Top Bottom