• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Saturday I was out "looking" at guns trying to find a good target .22 pistol.

Since I was meeting Disposable Heart in Avon I made my first stop at Fort Liberty in Avon, they were friendly and when I told them what I wanted they showed me 4 guns, 3 auto and one revolver.

I had been looking at the Ruger Mark IIIs online but once they showed me the S&W 22A I was in love and it was only 235.00.

I was only "looking" at guns on Saturday and I had told myself that I wasn't "buying" guns on Saturday, I found out that I'm a big liar, after I came to terms with that I bought the gun.

I wanted to put a red dot sight on it but the factory rail is made to take rings and I wanted to put a sight on it that didn't use them.

I decided that I could cut the needed cross slot in the rail using a die grinder and the right thickness cut off wheel, I know that a mill would have been a little better but this is only a 235.00 gun.

It worked great and the sight mounted fine.

I took it to the range today and it is very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I ran 200 rounds through it and I didn't have 1 problem with it.

I would recomend this gun to anyone looking for an inexpensive target gun.

Here is mine with the sight on it.
    IMG_2664.jpg

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Ihave a set almost identical to this and you are right they are a blast and cheap to shoot! I have yet to have a problem with this firearm as far as jamming or any other problem.
    I will put it through its paces this summer as it will be available for the youth members of the Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports program to use on range days.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ihave a set almost identical to this and you are right they are a blast and cheap to shoot! I have yet to have a problem with this firearm as far as jamming or any other problem.
    I will put it through its paces this summer as it will be available for the youth members of the Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports program to use on range days.

Are you DNR?

Top Bottom