• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Does anyone know of a website to find rustic cabins for sale? I’m thinking something under $50k that’s just a basic cabin I could sneak off to on the weekends. I’ve tried a few search parameters but I keep getting full-sized cabins.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    There are a lot of different setups (for lack of a better word) for a cabin.
    What do you like to do in your leisure time, js7 ?
    Fishing, hiking, hunting, dirt bikes, building crafts ?
    Like the realtors say: "location, location, location".

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wardlaw Realtors, out of Spencer, IN used to sell quite a few parcels of buildable rural land.
    (EDIT: I purchased my cabin and 7 ac. from them 11 years ago)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There are a lot of different setups (for lack of a better word) for a cabin.
    What do you like to do in your leisure time, js7 ?
    Fishing, hiking, hunting, dirt bikes, building crafts ?
    Like the realtors say: "location, location, location".
    I like hiking, reading, etc. Main purpose would be somewhere to disappear for a weekend.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I used to stack homes made by pioneer log homes of British Columbia, they would possibly build you a custom unit to your size and specifications but matching the price point may be a challenge. At the other end of the spectrum could be a heavy canvas guide tent, we used to find them up in the mountains semi permanent.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I used to stack homes made by pioneer log homes of British Columbia, they would possibly build you a custom unit to your size and specifications but matching the price point may be a challenge. At the other end of the spectrum could be a heavy canvas guide tent, we used to find them up in the mountains semi permanent.
    This. Ive seen a few where they build a 20x20 deck, then put one of these heavy duty tents up on it kinda like a yurt. If you are handy, go this route. You can stay in that while you build your cabin.

Looks simple enough

And this guy built his own log cabin. Logs/timbers were too expensive. So he built a system that uses 3 2x8s glued and screwed offset in a center tongue and groove pattern. So his self-engineered panels stack and interlock. And in the end he still has a stout 6" thick wall.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    This. Ive seen a few where they build a 20x20 deck, then put one of these heavy duty tents up on it kinda like a yurt. If you are handy, go this route. You can stay in that while you build your cabin.

Looks simple enough

And this guy built his own log cabin. Logs/timbers were too expensive. So he built a system that uses 3 2x8s glued and screwed offset in a center tongue and groove pattern. So his self-engineered panels stack and interlock. And in the end he still has a stout 6" thick wall.

I follow this guy on YouTube. He has several videos of building different types of cabins, both in Michigan and Alaska. He was on one season of Alone too. Seems like a pretty smart dude. He son just started a channel about building a small cabin in Alaska.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have a rusty shed outback. I'd be willing to let it go for the right price.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    IMG_20190211_094237_01.jpg
    I've posted about being up north at the cabin many times. It's just a simple Menards yard barn package, delivered on site. Dress up the inside to fit your needs. Best thing that ever happened to my family.
    We have propane lights, heat, and stove. Sank a shallow well and built a shower house. Standup shower, sink and camper water heater. Run the pump on a generator. IMG_20220905_200329095_HDR.jpg image000000 (1).jpg

Top Bottom