• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Haha these freakin' auto corrects. I read my drafts three or four times before each post and STILL miss a word my phone "corrects" about 50% of the time :rolleyes:

Anyways, didn't mean to misquote you. At least we can cheers to all the other nations still producing x39, and all those others with the tooling already in place who just need the green light to restart production.
    I proofread once obviously it wasn't good enough to catch none and non. :lmfao:

I definitely can understand the confusion in that post.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Midwest (large Mishawaka gun store) is advertising Barnaul x39 for $13.99 a box
    I probably won't be jumping on that if anyone else is interested.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Midwest (large Mishawaka gun store) is advertising Barnaul x39 for $13.99 a box
    I probably won't be jumping on that if anyone else is interested.
    Ya, I got their weekly email 'Sale' list too...what a joke! Haven't bought much there in several years...this is just another reason why I'll go out of my way to support smaller LGS instead.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Afghans will be shooting 5.56 now so that might help offset the demand for AK ammo a little.

Too soon?
    All the more reason to ban that ammo too. Cant have it getting into the hands of the terrorists now can we. Its all for your own safety, citizen.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    With the blitz on 7.62x39 ammo. I would think ammo manufacturers that make brass 7.62x39 ammo would turn up their efforts to get more out. This would be a good time to feed 7.62x39 lovers a steady diet of brass case ammo. They will sell now instead of being the last thing bought if no cheap Russian ammo is available.

I will make one exception. Golden Tiger was some well made Russian steel case ammunition.

Only $750 for 1000 now :(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Definitely gonna miss the GT - even the box art always made me happy! And the babushkas at Vympel ammo plant really know how to lacquer a cartridge.

Lacquered rounds with that signature purple sealant - some dang fine looking ammo. RIP.
    I love me some GT. I'm glad I stocked up on it, and also the Wolf Performance 8M3 stuff.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    With the blitz on 7.62x39 ammo. I would think ammo manufacturers that make brass 7.62x39 ammo would turn up their efforts to get more out. This would be a good time to feed 7.62x39 lovers a steady diet of brass case ammo. They will sell now instead of being the last thing bought if no cheap Russian ammo is available.
    Unfortunately, there is no spare manufacturing capacity left in the US for doing that. Something else will have to not get made in order for x39 to get a turn. And primers continue to be the bottleneck for both domestic and foreign makers. Some foreign "makers" (who are really just loading various components that they get made by somebody else) have been seeking contracts for primers on the open market for over a year. Not all of the foreign names are vertically integrated ammo manufacturers like the big ones that we think of here in the US.

On the other hand, there are a few companies such Unis Ginex and Murom (a Russian maker sanctioned since Obama) that supply primers for several different factories, but they are either running at capacity or have trade restrictions in place hampering things. Remember the Obama-era shortage? Lots of different foreign primers started showing up on the US market back then. That isn't happening this time because there is no spare capacity - it's either banned (Murom, which was imported as Wolf and Tula) or all going into foreign factory loaded ammo.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    What I'm saying is people are buying up all 7.62x39 even brass cased none Russian made ammunition.

"OMG no Russia ammunition better buy up the brass case stuff also"
    Is that what people are thinking?
    Just like any ammo shortage...it's usually caused by the gun owners themselves.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Just like any ammo shortage...it's usually caused by the gun owners themselves.
    Maybe some of it.

But the underlying issue is thst 40% of the supply is being artificially eliminated. That is the real reason. Whether or not people buy cases full, the supply will eventually die.

Throughout the 2020 shortage you could always find steel 762x39. Why? Because the russian supply was always there. Now even that is gone.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    The story made it all the out to Brownsburg. I understand why they won't name names but an individual? View attachment 154463
    Wow, this thread really took off.

The ORIGINAL post about pulling stock was mine, yeah, looks like it got copied and pasted a few posts back, and not “quoted” as is standard.

I was the eyewitness to the shopkeeper boxing up and taking the 7.63x39 stock to the back, he said it was on his boss’ instruction that he received over the phone.

I’m not going to name them here yet, as I have business to conduct with them in the next couple of weeks and am still hoping it was a case of misinformation. Maybe they decided they would ration it out so that most folks would be able to buy a box or two at a time, to combat those who will fill a shopping cart only to re-gouge someone else.

They were about the only shop in central Indy to have ammo when no one else did, so I‘m not about to throw them under the bus until I get all the facts.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Wow, this thread really took off.

The ORIGINAL post about pulling stock was mine, yeah, looks like it got copied and pasted a few posts back, and not “quoted” as is standard.

I was the eyewitness to the shopkeeper boxing up and taking the 7.63x39 stock to the back, he said it was on his boss’ instruction that he received over the phone.

I’m not going to name them here yet, as I have business to conduct with them in the next couple of weeks and am still hoping it was a case of misinformation. Maybe they decided they would ration it out so that most folks would be able to buy a box or two at a time, to combat those who will fill a shopping cart only to re-gouge someone else.

They were about the only shop in central Indy to have ammo when no one else did, so I‘m not about to throw them under the bus until I get all the facts.
    I appreciate your desire to skip the rush to pitchforks. If you see it at the shop later for $50 a box you'll know.

Top Bottom