• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've been waiting for someone to make man portable tiny radars and small diameter rockets for knocking quadcopters down. They're slow, low altitude, and fragile.

But how could you ever blanket a city? Radar has shadows. You can use terrain and structures to conceal your approach. I have yet to see the radar system that can pick out a DGI flying below canopy level through a forest or between the floors of a parking garage.

Good question. I could see bad guys pounding a town like Houston and putting refining out of business for a while in places. It's much worse than hitting the grid even though there is no immediate problem for most of the country. Electrical guys are pretty good at repairing damage that I've seen. Cleaning up, replacing damaged parts, testing and then restarting a refinery looks slow by comparison. That's not counting green crazies and their lawyers suing to keep you from rebuilding.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Good question. I could see bad guys pounding a town like Houston and putting refining out of business for a while in places. It's much worse than hitting the grid even though there is no immediate problem for most of the country. Electrical guys are pretty good at repairing damage that I've seen. Cleaning up, replacing damaged parts, testing and then restarting a refinery looks slow by comparison. That's not counting green crazies and their lawyers suing to keep you from rebuilding.
    Refineries are made out of heavy gauge metal stuff, you can't really knock them out with tiny little frag munitions. Electrical stations can be arced with towed cables but even that doesn't really wreck anything permanently.

But the squishy humans who service all those things are very vulnerable. Imagine trying to enforce a 4km wide exclusion area around every substation, against threats the size of a frisbee. Not being able to fix minor damage without a full squad of dudes with a backpack radar and anti drone munitions posted up. Imagine paying some schmo electrician drone drop hazard rates.

The leverage ratio of cost of weapon system to cost of response is staggering. It's just that nobody has coughed up the will and the modest price tag to do it yet. I'm honestly surprised the Ukrainians don't have small teams doing these kind of ops behind Russian borders.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Refineries are made out of heavy gauge metal stuff, you can't really knock them out with tiny little frag munitions. Electrical stations can be arced with towed cables but even that doesn't really wreck anything permanently.

But the squishy humans who service all those things are very vulnerable. Imagine trying to enforce a 4km wide exclusion area around every substation, against threats the size of a frisbee. Not being able to fix minor damage without a full squad of dudes with a backpack radar and anti drone munitions posted up. Imagine paying some schmo electrician drone drop hazard rates.

The leverage ratio of cost of weapon system to cost of response is staggering. It's just that nobody has coughed up the will and the modest price tag to do it yet. I'm honestly surprised the Ukrainians don't have small teams doing these kind of ops behind Russian borders.

WWII attacks on German heavy industry achieved minimal success, due to the fact that much of the damage was limited in scope.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Meanwhile in the EU...

Little dictator is not happy.
    Personally the more they fight the better. That's how our system of government works best. Bipartisanship is bad for the country IMO. Things should take a long time to pass not because it feels right at the time.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like the Russkies are starting to gain ground on their cousins.
    T55’s are on the battlefield human wave attacks it appears the Russians have returned to WWII. That tactic seems to work ask the Germans.

Question what does (win) mean in Ukraine?

Pushing the Russians out of Ukraine ?

Invading Russia and removing Putin?

Fight for years just to reach a peace deal that changes nothing ?

The Russians overrun the country and remove the little dictator and handout master that's in charge now ?

When do we stop making the Ukraine payroll ?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So a hard line Commie is killed by his government. But somehow we are upset about it and want to punish a foreign country.

Meanwhile New York changed a law to persecute a former President and we are good with it.

Clown World

BTW
    Russians have taken another village and captured a Bradley!

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like things are not going well for the freedom loving people of Ukraine ?

If we just make payroll for government employees and retirees I bet they could “win” ?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The average age of an Ukraine soldier is now 47. How long before it hits 72? All the $$$ and supply ain’t saving Ukraine. I say stop the $$$ and give back the nukes Ukraine gave up. Then Ukraine and Russia can sort it out.

While that's tempting, nobody wants a nuke to go off anywhere unless they are shorting markets world wide.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    While that's tempting, nobody wants a nuke to go off anywhere unless they are shorting markets world wide.
    Exactly my point. Just how badly does Putin want to get nuked? Or Ukraine? Or Ukraine can just surrender and let a huge purge take place. Russia and Ukraine both get nuked then that’s there. That might solve a problem also.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The average age of an Ukraine soldier is now 47. How long before it hits 72? All the $$$ and supply ain’t saving Ukraine. I say stop the $$$ and give back the nukes Ukraine gave up. Then Ukraine and Russia can sort it out.
    Dude my body is so freaking beat already and I'm not even 35. I cannot imagine dragging AT4s and PKMs through trenches under 50 pounds of kevlar and gear 12 years from now.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No mention of the Polish border blockade stopping trucks and rail though? Nope it is Republicans fault. In the EU news they are blaming Polish farmers and truckers,as they have been blockading even railways. There have been very few road crossings even open since November through Poland....yet "Republicans"

But...more money for the grift will fix it!

Top Bottom