Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The rear has LESS armor.
    Not NO armor.
    The rear armor protecting the engine is only 40mm thick. 30mm AP will go right thru that. Probably, there can be exceptions.

There is even a case of an M-8 armored car destroying a King Tiger in WW2 with a rear attack.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a hard time believing a 30mm did "serious damage" to a tank.
    The Russians have a ton of reactive armor on their tanks. So popping them with 30mm, it creates a big fireshow, and its a mobility/mission kill. The reactive armour going off are hell on anything nearby. The But your not going to get a turret throw kill with it.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The Russians have a ton of reactive armor on their tanks. So popping them with 30mm, it creates a big fireshow, and its a mobility/mission kill. The reactive armour going off are hell on anything nearby. The But your not going to get a turret throw kill with it.
    You make a good point but I haven’t seen reactive armor on the rear of a tank. Not that I inspect Russian tanks or anything.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You make a good point but I haven’t seen reactive armor on the rear of a tank. Not that I inspect Russian tanks or anything.
    No reactives on the rear itself, but there are some around the edges, but that 30 was all over the place. It looked like many of the shots were graze jobs that were setting off reactives one some shots. Only a a few of the shots were actually stopped dead, most the shots had some wicked ricochet action. I definately saw a few reactives going off.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Warhawks gonna war. After spending 20 years fighting on behalf of Islamist factions backed by Iran now we (america) are gonna go fight side by side with literal nazis.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Right now. I don't think Russia is going to be in a position to threaten anyone. They are loosing so much.
    Ukraine is downright giving Russia a hard conventional retreat. Its one thing to loose and leave mostly intact (sans a few things left behind)... its another to be taking 40 to 50% casualties in some units, and massive equipment loses that can hardly ever be replaced. We are seeing

Key Takeaways

• Russian forces claim to have successfully captured central Mariupol, but Ukrainian forces retain control of the port southwest of the city. Russian forces will likely complete the capture of Mariupol in the coming days.
    • Russian forces are setting conditions for a major offensive in eastern Ukraine in the coming days, but damaged units redeployed from northeastern Ukraine are unlikely to enable a successful Russian breakthrough.
    • Ukrainian forces repelled continuing Russian attacks from Izyum southeast toward Slovyansk and Barvinkove.
    • Russian and Belarusian forces are conducting “demonstrative actions” to fix Ukrainian forces around Kyiv in place. However, these units are highly unlikely to launch new offensive operations, and Ukrainian units around Kyiv can likely safely redeploy to eastern Ukraine.
    • Western sanctions are likely successfully disrupting Russia’s military-industrial base.

DraftUkraineCoTApril7%2C2022.png

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So, looking at Finland, it seems like a WORSE NIGHTMARE, than the country they presently don't seem to be succeeding in.
    The Finns are well equipped with a largely western equipped armed forces.
    Including modern German Tanks...

And about a million riffles stashed... LITERALLY.

Russia at this point really should be afraid of the Finns, and not the other way around.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Finns are well equipped with a largely western equipped armed forces.
    Including modern German Tanks...

Russia at this point really should be afraid of the Finns, and not the other way around.
    Well, I was also looking at their terrain.
    It seems to be built for defense.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Can someone explain why the Ruble is coming back?

XvUinjQ.png

They are back to pre-invasion levels. My only guess is that their markets believe the war is effectively over and the world didn't end.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Can someone explain why the Ruble is coming back?

XvUinjQ.png

They are back to pre-invasion levels. My only guess is that their markets believe the war is effectively over and the world didn't end.
    Sanctions are not working. Countries are agreeing to pay in rubles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom