• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, I think we poured a whole lot more into air power and the expectation of seizing uncontested control of the skies over enemy forces. Something which has not been able to happen in Ukraine for either side.

It's actually pretty remarkable that things have been in this limbo of neither side being able to fully use air power for over a year. The helicopters do their thing close to the ground, lobbing munitions from behind the lines, and the fast movers are just launch platforms for long range standoff weapons. It doesn't seem like anyone is able to do American-style CAS at the front.

The US approach would, of course, lean heavily on stealth technology to waltz in and take the entire air defense system apart from top to bottom.
    The russians don't have the money to do nearly enough training. I read somewhere that US fighter pilots see 20 hours per month average where the russians see less than 5. Add in their equipment is not cutting edge and they haven't updated tactics in decades. The US has a lot of active duty pilots still in service, better equipment, better tactics. After watching the debacle that is the Ukrainian invasion I have no doubt that if nukes were kept out, the US would easily defeat RU ground forces and airforce in quick order. The Fulda gap would have been a mass grave.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Once again,
    Can't fight a small country, so threatens larger country.

Maybe, they should just state that Ukraine has learned its lesson, therefore they are pulling out.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't fully understand all of this. From what I see on Twitter, the 450 IRR being called up is a big deal.
    Adding 3000 reserve troops to the 111k US troops already in the EU? Medical personnel for when we have more boots on the ground?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom