Not open for further replies.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I’m pretty sure that even in its hey day the old Soviet Union was at best a paper tiger. Had they ever actually tried to advance on the west they would have been chewed to bits by the wests advance equipment and tactics. I think that was something that many of the Soviet leaders realized as well and why we had peace for so long.

I have a feeling that after the walk fell and the ussr broke up a lot of that knowledge left. So we end up with leader after leader getting worse info about their effectiveness and readiness to pocket money. So you get what we have now, a leader that believed they were truly a super power in conventional arms but the reality is they have outdated equipment and horrible tactics that just get chewed up by western equipment and training.
    I remember after the wall fell reading that the Poles, Czechs and East Germans were ready to shoot the Russians in the back and switch sides had a major conflict actually kicked off.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    These dc people need to keep in mind just how many American lives and how much American property they are willing to squander to teach the Russians a lesson in Ukraine. Regan's team dismantled the USSR without firing a shot back in the 80s, they have to use different means when dealing with Putin than they did with Sadam.

It's always easy to squander other peoples' blood and treasure.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Biden and the war mongers won't ever go for that. Russia must be destroyed at all costs to make us richer.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well I appreciate Elon at least making so many libs show their true warmongering colors.

Democracy is the most important thing in the world, unless it's people voting democratically to leave a WEF state, in which case murder them all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Since Russia can't do anything on the ground or the air I imagine they will turn to their nuclear weapons. They have them as small as 0.1 kiloton and going up from there.

Looking at the battle map, I don't think that's the right way to view the situation. The media propagandizes to the degree of misinformation.

Russia is making progress, it's just as expected, slow and extremely costly. If Russia uses nukes, they will cease to exist, so I'm not sure of the calculus there. Russia always saber rattles, and pulls the "but nukes!" card every time they get moody.

The media just wants to sell clicks with fear mongering.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looking at the battle map, I don't think that's the right way to view the situation. The media propagandizes to the degree of misinformation.

Russia is making progress, it's just as expected, slow and extremely costly. If Russia uses nukes, they will cease to exist, so I'm not sure of the calculus there. Russia always saber rattles, and pulls the "but nukes!" card every time they get moody.

I don't think our leadership will do a thing if Russia uses NBC weapons. I doubt Europe will because if the weak leadership the west has in almost every country.

I hope I'm wrong, but we do not have leadership with a backbone at this time.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Russia is loosing it's arse on the ground in Ukraine now, and not just.. junk units. Hardened VDV and Tank Regiments.

Reactions: oze

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    More over. Ukraine is trying to get land close enough to get HIMARS to be able to target a critical bridge.

When Russian annexed Crimea they built a huge sea crossing bridge. Its a large double (rather fancy) bridge across the channel.

Right now its out of range, but if Ukraine can get to that crook in the river, its right at the range of the max 170 miles of HIMARS. Many suspect that while this is a cut of and surround mission (the yellow arrow).. the secondary reason is to get that bridge in range of the Ballistic Missile and Drone systems Ukraine owns.

If they get that bridge, its a victory even larger then sinking the Cruiser.. it puts the supply of Crimea in range of Every bit of Ukrainian artillery.

Attachments

• HIMARS.png
      HIMARS.png
      4.4 MB · Views: 14
    Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are they or is that just the approved story for the masses? I never know what to believe anymore.
    ... yes Media is not to be trusted, but when even the Russian side Milbloggers start ripping into Russia... you know they are screwed. Just like US media turned when Vietnam got dicey. Not to mention, one source we have that has no skin in the game. Is NASA has a satellite that is made to monitor things like Forrest fires and Volcanic eruptions. Only people figured out its damn good at watching for the fires and explosions caused by massive conventional warefare. This data is available to all for free. I have watched the "hotspots" follow along with pretty much what most of the media have reported.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Ok, why the heck are they wearing dayglo yellow stripes?
    Both sides use similar equipment and uniforms. The yellow and sometimes blue tape or cloth is to prevent friendly fire incidents. The Russians do the same but use red or white. Kind of defeats the purpose of camouflage doesn’t it?

They also need to spread the heck out. A bunched up group like that makes a great target.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Russia is loosing it's arse on the ground in Ukraine now, and not just.. junk units. Hardened VDV and Tank Regiments.
    jS5VSdS.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom