Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The military offensive in Ukraine is affecting the world’s technology industries, as 35% of U.S. palladium comes from Russia, and more than 90% of U.S. semiconductor neon is supplied by Ukraine.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Putin is banking on the premise that no one will stand up to him. He sees weakness everywhere. He needs to know in no uncertain terms that he will face severe consequences in kind should he decide to escalate and not just a simple condemnation along with sanctions that he has prepared to absorb. Putin raised the threat level, and he should be called out for doing so.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Putin is banking on the premise that no one will stand up to him. He sees weakness everywhere. He needs to know in no uncertain terms that he will face severe consequences in kind should he decide to escalate and not just a simple condemnation along with sanctions that he has prepared to absorb. Putin raised the threat level, and he should be called out for doing so.
    What's an appropriate level of response? Should US troops go liberate Ukraine?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    FOX reporting that Putin wants to take over so they can set up their own puppet leaders to run the country. But isn’t that what we did….? As this goes on, as I learn more and more about Ukraine and their own corrupt government the more I think about Vietnam…. And what was the lesson there? Stay out of Vietnam. Like I said earlier. Ukraine gave up their nukes and we helped them to decide that. Ukraine generals warned their people but they wouldn’t listen.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This post is a step in the right direction. +1 for smokingman!

Kiev was the friggin' nucleus of Russian civilization since Rurik. I can't stand the public perception that "history" started in 1900. Or 1865. Or 1700...

Ukraine vs. Russia is like the Middle East, everyone wants to go back another 100 years to prove their grievance is the original one.

Let the Ruskies and Cossacks work this one out. That or let Poland have Lvov and the surrounding area back and let's really get our hands dirty "righting" territorial wrongs.

It's all a big Slavic pissing contest... :):
    I guess I don't fully understand the comedic part of it.

I agree it's a giant pissing match and we should let them deal with it.
    The fact that the history goes back a thousand years doesn't really change anything, Soviet Union relinquished control to Soviet Union 70+ years ago. To me that means Russia is not entitled to it.

i think people would feel different if Mexico, Spain, or France would decide that Texas is still theirs because after all they controlled it before the US.

It's not that cut and dry.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    @Keith_Indy According to the Russian plans Kiev is expected to fall by tomorrow. It is totally surrounded now, no electricity, food , water, or war supplies coming in. Kiev will fall in less than 36 hours if what the Russians say are true. There is mass surrender all around Ukraine by Ukrainian soldiers already.
    They are going to get a stern talking to from obiden.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What's an appropriate level of response? Should US troops go liberate Ukraine?
    Never said that. Putin needs to know that there are serious consequence should he escalate his campaign beyond a certain point to include the threats of "something the world has never experienced" His words.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    May be a hot take...

I actually don't even blame Putin. Biden has been so weak, what is actually going to happen to him? He's got China's backing and most of Europe's oil.
    Not to mention we've basically done the same thing in the ME for the last 20 years.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess I don't fully understand the comedic part of it.

I agree it's a giant pissing match and we should let them deal with it.
    The fact that the history goes back a thousand years doesn't really change anything, Soviet Union relinquished control to Soviet Union 70+ years ago. To me that means Russia is not entitled to it.

i think people would feel different if Mexico, Spain, or France would decide that Texas is still theirs because after all they controlled it before the US.

It's not that cut and dry.
    Putin is adamant that it was a mistake to relinquish anything and wants to return to previous Soviet held boundaries. You are correct. The crux of the matter is that the Soviet Union dissolved and relinquished the territory as a result. Putin now wants it back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom