Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I hate like heck for bad things to happen, it just really sucks for the victims, but I can't help but think that the bright side to all of this is that an international crisis might get Biden focused elsewhere so that he quits "fixing" our problems. Sad commentary on how pathetic our government is.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    If you can hear this, we can be friends

9iic.gif

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I dug deep into the life savings for some much needed gear not only because of this but everything else going on.

World is at a tipping point now that nobody takes the US seriously anymore.
    Russia will move on Ukraine, and China will move on Taiwan. Meanwhile everyone will be demanding Biden send troops while he's busy drooling over pictures of little girls.
    Spot on. 4/9/2021 I’ve heard military updates are talking China getting ready to move on Taiwan. And Russia IS moving on Ukraine. I’m sure they have Arab friends bolstering their positions too.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think there will likely be another front in the event Russia moves on Ukraine. Not only will you have that and China going for Taiwan...

North Korean is absolutely going to decide that's the perfect time to make moves on South Korea. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Pakistan/India conflict kick off hard either. I have no idea about the middle east, but it's hard to imagine someone wouldn't try to capitalize on the situation.

Gee, the world really thought Trump was a clown.

Meanwhile, 3 months into Biden's first term, and we're very likely to see WW3 kick off because of how incompetent he is. I'm sure we'll be well equipped to fight this new war with our servicemen who only joined for college, who can't figure out their gender, and pregnant women.

But at least orange man is gone.

This situation is precisely why a lot of folks don't believe every single person should be able to vote, and I completely agree.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The past 18 months would have made for a fascinating movie back in the 90's, I'm not sure there was anyone who could have imagined where we are today back then. It is nuts.
    I believe they made a TV series called Amerika in the late 80's that might come close. I believe kris Kristopherson was in it. Haven't seen it in a long time but iirc it kind of portrayed today's America.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think your correct....sooooo.....what's the next step?
    Complete the transition of the Republican Party into the party of the people. Get and maintain control of your state party and squeeze out the squishes, working across the aisle is not a needed skill set right now and some pols don't know when to quit. Get that state party to enact laws as needed to shore up voter ID/election security

Then either elect Trump 47 if he runs or elect the man most like him in the primaries. If we focus on every candidates minor flaws we merely become the new libertarian party peaking at 4%

America First, and dissenters are free to join some other party, we need to have as united a voice as our opposition does and meet them toe to toe. For now, the best organization should still be political organization because that pathway has been constrained but not closed off

Speaking to this idea, Jeb Bush wrote an op-ed for CNN that is up today. Can you spot the danger in the Chamber o' Congress wing trying to rehabilitate/reposition him to be a contender? Can you see why the CoC wing needs to be driven into the wasteland? If we can't speak with one voice we will never be heard, and we cannot afford the luxury of trying to please everyone. Time for Republicans to actually stand for something other than country club sensibilities

Make sure you get what you like, otherwise you will have to like what you get

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Spot on. 4/9/2021 I’ve heard military updates are talking China getting ready to move on Taiwan. And Russia IS moving on Ukraine. I’m sure they have Arab friends bolstering their positions too.
    And, China has moved (and is moving) troops into Iran, which of course means they have to move in the means to protect and support them. Like Russia in Syria.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And, China has moved (and is moving) troops into Iran, which of course means they have to move in the means to protect and support them. Like Russia in Syria.

That's interesting, I wonder what they will be targeting.

Israel is quite a bit away. If the US is tied up with other conflicts, the only thing that makes sense to me is that they'd go for Iraq.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My prediction: that ain't gonna happen.
    Well, I sit corrected, sorta.

Apparently, 15 days ago (which is kinda wild) the US notified Turkey of the intent to send 2 USN ships (unspecified) into the Black Sea.

“A notice was sent to us 15 days ago via diplomatic channels that two U.S. warships would pass to the Black Sea in line with the Montreux Convention. The ships will remain in the Black Sea until May 4,” Turkey’s foreign ministry said.

So, there's that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I wonder if a certain group of folks in Tampa Florida have a plan on the shelf for this contingency.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom