Ruger's new offering today? AR-15 entry model...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    140783880824.jpg

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Spec package looks good, especially for the price. I've got a Del-Ton Sport and Ruger SR9 combo for social occasions. A Ruger AR-556 and a Ruger 9E would've been a better value.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    There are so many great AR's out their now for under $800 let alone $1000 it's really a tough call. IMHO, rifles in the over $2000 range are going to be hard sells except for those who either demand and can afford the best, or those who have a actual need for such a specialized AR. Lucky gunner.com just did a 50,000 round tourture test using IIRC, 5 sub $1000 ARs, and even after 10,000 rounds the sub $1000 AR was going strong and and accurate. For the average shooter a AR in the sub $1000 catagorie would do all they could ever want. Unless your life will depend on 100% total realiability under the most extreme conditions, I don't see how you would need to spend over $800 on a AR. Now upgrades are a different story. My first and likely only upgrade to my PSA AR is going to be a Giessell trigger for $220ish.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Great, another AR

As for spending $800+ in an AR. Not all ARs are created equal. It's like saying there's no reason in spending more than $300 in a bolt action because we'd all be just as well served with a Savage Axis

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Damn Ruger. They keep coming out with more guns that catch my attention. Ever since Bill died they have been on a run! I am either going to have to get the wife a second job or thin the herd a bit.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    dak109;5324332 Ever since Bill died they have been on a run! [/QUOTE said:
    yes with other peoples things, do you hear that loud whirling sound....that bill ruger spinning in his grave knowing that his company is making 1911's, ar's, pepper spray and bb guns! oh and they make a awesome lcp, or as another company calls it, the keltec p3at

do you think that if William Batterman Ruger was still alive he would let the companay he started kill off his guns? ie who'll buy a ruger mini 14 when they can buy a ruger ar15?, and with the same question with sr22's and mark 3's?

dont get me wrong, i love rugers! i think the 10/22 is the best 22 rifle ever made!, i still own a ruger p85 that i bought 25 years ago(my first handgun) my mark 1 was made in 77 and is still running strong! i'd buy a sr22 over a walther p22 any day

but at some point i ask myself is ruger getting too big for their own good? i mean who needs to make another ar15? or should i say inexpensive ar15,(ie get in line with bushmaster, dpms, smith and wesson and how many others?)

if ruger wants to impress me, just make their products available, i mean come on, i could announce a car that'll do 195 mph, and get 200 mpg, and cost 5 grand, but if i never make one what good does it do?. how many people waited over a year just to see a ruger 1911?and then paid way over msrp just to say i own a ruger 1911?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    yes with other peoples things, do you hear that loud whirling sound....that bill ruger spinning in his grave knowing that his company is making 1911's, ar's, pepper spray and bb guns! oh and they make a awesome lcp, or as another company calls it, the keltec p3at

do you think that if William Batterman Ruger was still alive he would let the companay he started kill off his guns? ie who'll buy a ruger mini 14 when they can buy a ruger ar15?, and with the same question with sr22's and mark 3's?

Haha.....least someone else said it before me

:)

Top Bottom