• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I recently picked up a low round count full size SR9. I'm a big fan of ruger P series pistols so I thought I'd give one of their striker fired guns a try. Shot a couple hundred rounds through it and I like it, it's pretty accurate. However the trigger leaves a bit to be desired. Thought about getting a Galloway trigger kit, anybody used one and care to share their experience?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've had an SR9 since probably 08 or 09. Great gun! The trigger will smooth out considerably as the round count goes up. Mine started out pretty gritty but is very smooth now. I think I have about 1k rounds through it. I probably shoot it better than any of my other 9mm pistols.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have both the SR9 and the SR9C, they fit my hand better than most other 9mm I have tried to like and I did try a bunch before I decided the SR series was best for me. Then the Ruger PCC came out and it was a nice addition to the group since it uses the same mags. Good luck.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I had a SR9 for a few years. I kept it clean and lubed and it never had any issues. It ran everything it was fed. The trigger was ok, wouldnt call it outstanding but for a budget gun it worked fine. Sold it and didnt lose much on it. A few years later I picked up a 9e, pretty much the same gun. I kept it clean and lubed and it ran reliably also. I traded it to my son for some labor and he still uses it and carries it today. It hasnt gave him any issues.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    The SR9C was my carry gun for several years till I picked up a Shield for summer carry and the SR9C is in the rotation for winter. With very arthritic hands the larger frames are easier for me to grip which usually leads to better shot groups. Old age is H--L!

Top Bottom