• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TClem24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Plainfield
    I purchased the Ruger SR9 back in august and have to say i love it and havnt had any problems with it. Just wanted to see if everyone else felt the same way and using the SR9 as CC good or bad.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have carried the SR9 for a few months now in a IWB Minotaur MTAC holster. Very comfortable, but you still know it is there. Only complaint I have about the Ruger is that the magazine release is a bit stiff, lighter than the first runs but, I am use to it now. Other than that, no complaints. Well.. take off the manual safety on the slide but that is my opinion.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got one too and haven't had any problems with it. Haven't CC'ed it because I don't have a IWB holster for it. I appreciate the overall slimness of the pistol and the little bit of customizing you can do with the backstrap. Plus, it's a pretty good lookin' handgun. :)

Birddogs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    I bought an SR9 in 2008, about a month before they came out with the recall. I actually didn't shoot it until about nine months after that. The first time I took it to the range I was ready to call Ruger and share a few choice words, it wouldn't fire a single round. I tried 4 different brands of ammo, same result with all of them, light primer strikes. I did call Ruger, and after a little chaos and confusion, sent it in for the recall and the FTF problem. I got the gun back in just over a week. Since that point I've fired almost 500 rounds through it without a single problem. IMO it's a fairly accurate and comfortable gun to shoot. I have not CC'ed it yet, as I don't have a good IWB holster yet. I guess I do still doubt its reliability, I've just never had a gun not fire right out of the box before (and yes, I did clean off the gallon of grease that comes on it from the factory). Nick

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Loving mine, though it's my first handgun so don't have much to compare it to. Have a little over 100 rounds through it without a single problem. Just ordered an IWB holster to try carrying it.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    BTW I have ran over 1500 rounds through my SR9 from Fiocchi, WWB, reloads etc to my carry Speer Gold Dots. Some people I have heard did have some light primer strikes, I think that was also from the ones before the recall as well (not 100% sure). I didn't even strip it or clean it before I ran the first 200 rounds through it. FYI take it easy on oil, it doesn't need a lot. If you use too much, you will know. It will seep from everywhere. Def a high value gun for sure!

sr9t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    I've had mine for 3 months I love it I just started CC it I do not know why anyone would spend a extra 100 to 200 for a Glock or XD

Top Bottom