• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have a ruger p95 DC and am having some serious jamming problems with it. Its fairly new and probably hasn't even had 200 rounds through it. It just doesn't seem like its feeding correctly or something. My casings get caught in the slide when it ejects and sometimes when you cock it the bullets get jammed. I don't think i've ever gotten off more than like 3 rounds before it jams. Didn't know if anyone could offer some advice?

Thanks

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Riding the slide forward when loading? Limp wristing?

Taking out the human element, what kind of ammo? Lubed properly?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hmmm... I had a P89 that would feed dang near anything I put in it..

Can you tell where the hangup is at all?? Are you sure the magazine is seating correctly??

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    I had a P95 and I never had any problems it was an outstanding GUN!!!! It took any ammo you put in it!!!! Sounds odd???? R

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I've only used remmington ammo, i stocked up when i bought the gun and haven't ran out yet. Since then i've taken it apart and cleaned and lubed it twice. I always hear how reliable rugers are so i dont know what the deal is. Sometimes it jams after the first shot. It almost seems like the magazine doesn't lock in place as far up as it should if that makes any sense.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Give the mag a good smack in the bottom to make sure it's fully seated. I assume factory mags, correct?

I've heard Remington's not great, but never used it myself.

How much experience do you have with handguns? Not trying to be mean, just want to make sure it's not limp wristing. Again, do you ride the slide forward with your hand when you load the first cartridge?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Yea this is my first one. I'm a self taught shooter and wasn't aware of the whole limpwristing phenomonon. I just read about it on the internet, i'll shoot a few rounds when it gets light and see if that helps the problem or not. Thanks

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    My P95 had some issues earlier this year with Cabela's bulk ammo. The trainer insisted there was a problem with the gun. I gave it a good clean an ran approx. 500 rounds of WWB and cheap Blazers without a single problem. Does the problem happen with different ammo brands?

Tim-g19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Charlestown
    Sounds like ammo to me also, every guns different. Hell Ive seen some ammo glocks wouldnt even eat. and they are like Mikey theyll eat anything.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Smack the back of the magazine to make sure the rounds are fully seated also.

I've owned many Ruger's and I never had one issue with any of them.

I wish you well though... problems like this are very frustrating.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Yea this is my first one. I'm a self taught shooter and wasn't aware of the whole limpwristing phenomonon. I just read about it on the internet, i'll shoot a few rounds when it gets light and see if that helps the problem or not. Thanks

Clean the chamber real good and make sure the amo is reasonably clean and not corroded.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Are spent casings hitting you on top of your head?

If so probably limpwristing. When I first started shooting pistols I went through 3 guns with FTF problems before I realised the problem was me.
    My suggestion would be to:
    Put some more ammo through it. Paying attention to really lock your wrist.
    Have someone else shoot it.
    Have someone with experiance watch you shoot.

If you still have FTF I would call ruger.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Well i went out the next morning and shot a clip putting more emphasis on my wrist control, didn't really help anything. Also, whenever i was doing this my decock lever fell off somehow and the slide locked up. I havent had a chance to take it back to get it looked at but it seems like something isn't right with it.

Top Bottom