• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    It is absolutely a good round. Anyone who says "any gun is better than no gun" believes in the concept than a .22lr carried is better than a .45 in the safe. Therefore stating, a .380 is appropriate as well. I generally carry 9mm, but while pocket carrying or for thinner shirts, I carry my LCP. Just picked up a PM9 today, so might be pocket carrying that and selling the LCP but think it's a wonderful carry piece.

To me, it's nice to not feel like you've got a brick in your pocket, and then there's mowing my ditch when it's 100 degrees out and being dressed comfortably. My 357 would be dragging on the ground with my shorts between my ankles. NOBODY wants to see that!:n00b:

KGreenwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Guilford
    Great carry gun when concealing a bigger caliber is difficult. Picked up a back pocket holster at gun show and couldn't be happier. LCP does what it is intended for.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Well, I finally got to shoot my LCP this weekend. My husband and I went together to take a Basic Pistol class and stayed after the class to shoot Elsie. We wanted to try the range guns during the class, and I think we both did great with a variety of 9mms to easily pass the Basic Pistol test.

We shot 100 rounds through Elsie. 75 rounds of Tulla Ammo and 25 rounds of PPU. To say I was disappointed in how I shot Elsie is an understatement. At first I had no idea where the rounds were even going! But they sure didn't hit the plate! First six shots-- not a single hole in the plate. What?
    huh.gif
    The next magazine started out the same way-- I realized they were going very low and to the right. My husband did somewhat better shooting the next two mags, but still poorly compared to his earlier accuracy with the 9mms.

I have an LCP. It has its place, but it doesn't take the place of a larger carry gun. I found that I had to change how I was holding my LCP to avoid "trigger slap" that was hurting my trigger finger. When I did that, it also helped my groupings. The sights are marginal, and I used the excuse to also eventually buy a Walther PPS. I fully intend to carry the LCP depending on dress, and I doubt I will sell it for a long time. It would be great for summer carry when nothing else is small enough, and still fine for "typical" self defense situations as long as you practice.

That said, it's nice to have an option for something longer range and more powerful such as the PPS if you feel more comfortable carrying that for whatever reason.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have an LCP that is starting to be carried more than my M&Pc. The M&P could be shot all day long but the LCP is strictly a carry piece. Although I practice with it, its not a fun gun to shoot. It is a great deep concealment piece that serves its purpose well.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I don't doubt that the little gun does what it is intended for in the hands of someone who can shoot it accurately. I'm just not yet that person. Unless at very close range, (which I suppose really is the most likely scenario of using the gun) I would hesitate to pull the trigger right now. So I definitely need to practice!!!

Top Bottom