• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I haven’t tried hollow points in mine yet. I’m going to stick to the brands I already mentioned. In the near future I may get some cheaper stuff and see how it does. The gun did fine on federal bulk. The first lcp 22 I had was a complete lemon. I got that one pretty soon after the gun came out.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I haven’t tried hollow points in mine yet. I’m going to stick to the brands I already mentioned. In the near future I may get some cheaper stuff and see how it does. The gun did fine on federal bulk. The first lcp 22 I had was a complete lemon. I got that one pretty soon after the gun came out.
    HP in it won't expand so might as well stay with RN bullets. Or get the new Segmented CCI ammo. They will split into 3 parts. Are deadly on opossum, coon, and I've killed a coyote with then also.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Nice!! Haven’t even thought about those. Once one gets past all the internet chest pounding and actually look at ballistic testing, they will see the little 22 is a nasty little round.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Nice!! Haven’t even thought about those. Once one gets past all the internet chest pounding and actually look at ballistic testing, they will see the little 22 is a nasty little round.
    The 40gr RN will give the deepest penetration. Those segmented HP will only penetration around 4-6" so self-defense against a bad guy it isn't enough penetration, but I would think they would hurt like crazy the way they spread out. It might be a deterrent if hit with one or more at best. I'd probably stick with 40gr high velocity or faster for penetration.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    The 40gr RN will give the deepest penetration. Those segmented HP will only penetration around 4-6" so self-defense against a bad guy it isn't enough penetration, but I would think they would hurt like crazy the way they spread out. It might be a deterrent if hit with one or more at best. I'd probably stick with 40gr high velocity or faster for penetration.
    Agreed. I carry either Blazer or CCI Mini Mag RN

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Picked one up few months back. Cleaned it and brightit to the range and had problems; allot of ftf. I had 2 different brands of ammo, both sucked. I took the gun and pushed it aside. Few weeks ago I decided to give it another try. Cleaned it up and went to the range with about 4 different brands of ammo. Federal Standard, CCI mini-max, Remington golden and Winchester white box.

NOT ONE GLITCH! Shot after shot no problems. I mixed the ammo up and still mo problems. Since I have tried them again and this time added velocitors without a glitch. I picked up some Stingers (now called Stangers) and use them as a back up ankle carry.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    Range yesterday….70 rounds, 13 fail to fire (blame Federal bulk), 3 fail to load (blame gun), 2 fail to eject (blame gun).

gryphnrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 29, 2016
    Kendallville
    Mine is amazing only a couple feed fails but I polished the feed ramp and it runs great now. Never had an Issues with bulk ammo. Bought it a month ago and probably 250 through it. I see ruger is selling a threaded barrel for it now.

Top Bottom