• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Took mine to outdoor range today to get more rounds through and it has functioned perfect. Orange are the lcp22 and the yellow is a gsg1911-22 with Mauser branding. Didn’t shoot either particularly well but was happy at 25-30 ft with them. Hands were fairly cold. Shot standing freehand. Also put probably 30 rds from each on my six inch steel plate at 25 yds. You can see it in background of pic. Didn’t miss it with 1911. Missed it once with lcp22.

Ordered threaded barrel for the lcp22 today as well. Hoping it’s a fun little suppressor host.

977B6FF9-92B5-4256-B906-431080707021.jpeg

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    482BEF89-BF9F-4971-9083-C735CDF216B4.jpeg

I finally got this thing to the range and cbhausen and I put 150 rounds through it. Ruger recommends high velocity ammunition, and now I see why. Shooting CCI SV, we had 1 FTF and 2 FTE while shooting pretty rapidly (-3 shots/sec). All three stoppages left the cartridge or casing horizontal in the ejection port. That tells me that the gun is indeed tuned for a hotter round.

I’d call that a successful test, Of course, this gun’s intended mission requires better. I’ll try it soon with hotter ammunition, but I’m pretty confident it will run reliably.

We certainly couldn’t complain about accuracy. The photo shows 10 rounds on a 10-inch plate from 7 yards, resting on the table to sight in the Lasermax green laser.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Forgot to add, the gun shoots very close to the point of aim of the fixed sights. I aligned the laser to the sights at home, and the adjustment needed for 7 yards was so minor that the laser still appears cowitnessed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 168649

I finally got this thing to the range and cbhausen and I put 150 rounds through it. Ruger recommends high velocity ammunition, and now I see why. Shooting CCI SV, we had 1 FTF and 2 FTE while shooting pretty rapidly (-3 shots/sec). All three stoppages left the cartridge or casing horizontal in the ejection port. That tells me that the gun is indeed tuned for a hotter round.

I’d call that a successful test, Of course, this gun’s intended mission requires better. I’ll try it soon with hotter ammunition, but I’m pretty confident it will run reliably.

We certainly couldn’t complain about accuracy. The photo shows 10 rounds on a 10-inch plate from 7 yards, resting on the table to sight in the Lasermax green laser.
    To me, fine shooting from a diminutive 2.75" barrel on a semi-auto. :thumbsup:
    Looks like a 1.25" group.
    I have always enjoyed an array of small guns, especially the Beretta tip-up barrels of .22, .25. & 32 calibers.
    I would shoot at 5 yds if I was doing poorly at 7 yds, haha! :dunno:
    The Sig Sauer 938 9mm also came with a .22LR barrel (3") & was the most accurate shooting any I had like this.

21" on rest, 1.75" circles, different ammo, as good as I could do.
    Range 5.18.2021 Sig 938.22 15ft x4 ammo brands.jpg

Tape on safety b/c a part flew across the room cleaning it, haha!
    Yes, Sig was sending another.
    pic right side wTape.jpg

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Got my threaded barrel. One hang up with standard velocity but is fun to shoot and probably more accurate than shooting with regular barrel. Most likely from using can to aim and not the non existent sights.

0AD07275-253F-4E91-926B-62CF835638B6.jpeg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Now that is a dynamite test of a gun!
    I've owned a couple of them, shot a couple belonging to Zackcz, but I didn't warm up to them for some reason.
    If I had the red/green dot he was using, would be a help for my eyes, haha!
    A guy I bought it from in Greenfield, who is a part of the small circle of friends that buy/sell

I couldn't use my 1.75" circles but used these bigger ones.
    Don't remember if the red was 2"x3" or 3"x4".
    Range 1st rounds 15ft CCI MM.jpg pic of Ruger LCP 2.jpg pic of painted sights 1 from back.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Now that is a dynamite test of a gun!
    I've owned a couple of them, shot a couple belonging to Zackcz, but I didn't warm up to them for some reason.
    If I had the red/green dot he was using, would be a help for my eyes, haha!
    A guy I bought it from in Greenfield, who is a part of the small circle of friends that buy/sell

I couldn't use my 1.75" circles but used these bigger ones.
    Don't remember if the red was 2"x3" or 3"x4".
    View attachment 268573 View attachment 268574 View attachment 268575
    I remember your review of it.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I’ve been looking into buying another one. I sold my original lcp .380 awhile back but seem to miss it more and more.

Top Bottom