• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Is an older model sporter deluxe worth considerably more than a normal standard 10/22? Are they common or collectable? I don't dont see many of them for sale but I have the opportunity to purchase one. your thoughts?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There are precious few truly "collectible" 10/22s, except for a NIB magnum which is now, since they have been out of production for several years, worth 2-3 times the original price. The only older ones which may have a little more value would be those which have a good walnut stock. Even the "distributor exclusives" don't appreciate. You can buy a $200-$250 standard 10/22, sink another $500-$750 into it and you'll have a $450-$550 gun if you can find a guy who has similar tastes.

That said, an older sporter model rifle without the barrel band is pretty desirable in my mind. They were common but many of them have been modified to one extent or another.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    Considerably more? No! I am consistently seeing people over pay for 10/22's. I have two of these rifles and I paid less than $200, a couple of years ago. I am seeing a lot of 10/22's appearing in shops and there are several versions to choose from. I have four of the carbines in various configurations, all of which I found used for less than $200. If your dying to get this one, by all means do so, get the one you want. Don't let someone gouge you on the price though.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I agree that 10/22's are currently being placed on a pedestal in terms of value.... Through armslist i've been offered many 10/22's in trade for my XDM-40 (because I have a 10/22 listed as trade interest) and they're essentially declaring the base value the same. WHOA, NO way.

In these days my friend, there are always options. Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. I've had that saying for the last 10 years and it's never going to change, it's part of what it is to be human: choice

Top Bottom