• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    So what is HIS plan/idea? I seen no mention of it in the article.

:popcorn:

This was it, and 100% correct.

"Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets," he continued. "We cannot reverse decades of moral and intellectual decline by snapping our fingers and passing laws."

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    So, for Joe Blow Public (screaming for something NOW) he has nothing.

Nor should he have. Reacting to Joe Blow's public screaming is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Wait a few weeks and Joe Blow will be mesmerized by the Superbowl and will have forgotten all about Sandy Hook. Take the long term approach like Mr. Paul is suggesting.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thats ok, don't think we are fond of his arrogant better than thou attitude either.

Yeah that crazy old guy thinks teachers have a right to defend themselves... what a loon.

That and this whole 'Constitution' thing he brings up, why should we let a piece of paper over 2 centuries old stop progress!!!!

I've never seen Ron Paul say anything I disagree with when it comes to RKBA, self defense and the second amendment.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah that crazy old guy thinks teachers have a right to defend themselves... what a loon.

That and this whole 'Constitution' thing he brings up, why should we let a piece of paper over 2 centuries old stop progress!!!!

I've never seen Ron Paul say anything I disagree with when it comes to RKBA, self defense and the second amendment.

Ron Paul is old and out of touch with society!!! If we're not playing world police while staying victims at home, what good are we? He is very, very arrogant. He has been telling us what is wrong with the country for 30 years...who cares if the majority of what he said has ended up happening, that is complete and total arrogance. Plus, he doesn't look good in a suit. Looks like he is playing dress up.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Thats ok, don't think we are fond of his arrogant better than thou attitude either.

If you can't agree with the crux of what he's stated:

"Government role is to protect liberty, not to pursue unobtainable safety," wrote Paul.

at least tell us why you are at odds with it rather than simply making up a fictitious attitude problem to avoid the topic.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So how is he purposing to get these changes in society? Is he going to legislate morallity? Where/when exactly is his "plan" going to go into action?

A lot of people slammed the NRA for waiting so long to react, why are they not even madder at Ron Paul who waited even longer?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So how is he purposing to get these changes in society? Is he going to legislate morallity? Where/when exactly is his "plan" going to go into action?

A lot of people slammed the NRA for waiting so long to react, why are they not even madder at Ron Paul who waited even longer?

I'm not sure that Ron Paul is the biggest organization that caters to gun owners. I'm not sure that he makes a living lobbying for gun rights. Might be a little difference there. I do know that Ron Paul hasn't sent me mail asking for donations 3-4 times a month even after I let my membership lapse.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

It will largely consist of the government getting out of the business of social engineering, rather than "doing" something.

So lighten up Francis.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel

The change has to start with yourself. Only more liberty can solve the issues we have today. We need to not worry about what other people are doing and be focusing on our own family and community.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Ron Paul is absolutely correct. The only real action that would not infringe upon liberty is allowing teachers to arm themselves. Armed guards are not needed at schools. Teachers are already charged with providing a safe and educational atmosphere....lets let them do their jobs! A TSA situation at our numerous public schools is not the answer.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    He's right

Ron is right. He just doesn't go far enough. It will take generations to reverse the societal issues he's speaking of, if they can be reversed. Wayne LaPierre addressed the same issues. However, WL also offered an immediate fix to the problem of security in our schools.

BTW, while we're comparing followers, I wonder if RP was picking up new supporters at the rate of 8K per day like the NRA did following the Sandy Hook shooting. (As reported by Fox News on 12/22)

Edit: I just did a quick search on the net and found the media is on this like a bum on a ham sandwich. Ron has made himself an instant media darling simply by disagreeing with the NRA.

Last edited:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Ron Paul is absolutely correct. The only real action that would not infringe upon liberty is allowing teachers to arm themselves. Armed guards are not needed at schools. Teachers are already charged with providing a safe and educational atmosphere....lets let them do their jobs! A TSA situation at our numerous public schools is not the answer.

What he said

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ron is right. He just doesn't go far enough. It will take generations to reverse the societal issues he's speaking of, if they can be reversed. Wayne LaPierre addressed the same issues. However, WL also offered an immediate fix to the problem of security in our schools.

BTW, while we're comparing followers, I wonder if RP was picking up new supporters at the rate of 8K per day like the NRA did following the Sandy Hook shooting. (As reported by Fox News on 12/22)

Edit: I just did a quick search on the net and found the media is on this like a bum on a ham sandwich. Ron has made himself an instant media darling simply by [STRIKE]disagreeing with the NRA[/STRIKE]arguing the solution is more liberty and following the Constitution.

FIFY.

Honestly, what the heck do you people have against liberty and the Constitution?

When I talk about people paying lip service to the Constitution, it's not just the ones on the "left".

Top Bottom