• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckjoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    beech grove
    ok so really what should i do i have a Romanian WASR 10 on lay way at a gun shop but i am worried that since the price on these things went up so much that it's not worth the money but maybe i should take the money and add some to get another AR15 what should i do because i have always wanted an AK47 but there getting hard to find too but i have heard some bad things about the Romanian WASR 10

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Did you see my post about shooting mine? I liked it a lot and I had heard all that thay are crap stuff.

When you say too much how much is that?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Not likely. You need to move fast in the parking lot anyway - you could get "rolled." ;)

"No loaded guns" my yahoooie...

Redneckjoe - (Somehow, I feel kinda mean calling you that but you asked for it. ;) ) There is nothing wrong with a WASR. AKs were made by several Bloc countries. Some variants are better than others: milled, stamped, etc.. Some are simply exceptional: Valmet.

As to whether it is worth it? Only you can decide that. Most of us think Don's is WAAAAY overpriced. I went in one time and that was certainly true. I personally think all WASRs are overpriced right now but that may be just because I'm bitter since I didn't buy one at Dunham's summer-before-last when they were on sale every three weeks for $279.

Shop around a bit. If the deal is only 10-15% better than the gun on layaway, don't sweat it and look around more the next time. If you find your spending 50-100%** more than you should for the rifle, get you money back.

Either way, don't let your experience with a potentially bad business exchange sour you on what is probably a reliable, serviceable rifle.

Again, welcome to INGO.

**Not unheard of at Don's.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Ahhhhh OK then. Yeah, that's a nice little shop and great folks to do business with!!! :rockwoot: :yesway: :patriot:
    :cheers:

Agreed. I thought this was the same poster who, 48 hours ago, was talking about putting a WASR on layaway at Don's. $599 is what you're going to pay now retail. Beech Grove has a good reputation.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah I was about to say, the Don's thing was another member.

Congrats on picking a fine shop such as Beech Grove Firearms to patronize!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    They're trying to save-up to fix all the broken shooting lanes!!!!! :laugh: :lmfao::p

Sadly i bought one for 699.00 because they told me that it was a good deal.... I guess that they ment for them.

The next day I heard about Bradis having them for 450.00 so I went and bought a second one.

So I like to think that I paid 574.50. :D

redneckjoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    beech grove
    ya right now all ak47 are hard to find so when i seen the 1 left up there i put it layaway but now with my tax check coming i was just thing of picking a new AR15 up and not the AK but i dont know yet

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Sadly i bought one for 699.00 because they told me that it was a good deal.... I guess that they ment for them.

The next day I heard about Bradis having them for 450.00 so I went and bought a second one.

So I like to think that I paid 574.50. :D

Hell, that's about the best reasoning I've ever heard! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom