• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I've got a DPMS and have seen a lot of people knocking them. Personally I've never had a problem with it. I was thinking about getting a Rock River AR. Any opinions on that brand?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you are not having issues, IMO you are fine with what you have. If you are not going to deploy with it, odds are it will serve your needs. If it's not shooting straight, I doubt the Rock River will be any more accurate. However, if you are getting the shakes and just wanting a new rifle like many of us, I would say the Rock River is superior to the DPMS and you need to find one, ASAP.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have both and prefer the RRA's trigger over the DPMS.
    The Rock River Arms Two Stage Match Grade Trigger is light years ahead of the standard Mil Spec trigger that comes on the DPMS.
    After the take up there's no creep.
    Just a crisp let off and no backlash. :yesway:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    As Que mentions.......but if you are looking to upgrade, set your sights higher than the RRA, better choices are available for the same money.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a DMPS AP-4 and AP-4 .22 LR conversion. The only upgrade I made is to add a Rock River 2 stage trigger. Both are accurate and reliable. I really couldn't ask for more. I also have a RR National Match A4. It is a fine rifle, right out of the box. I think the Rock River has a little better fit and finish. I have to say the Rock River is better out of the box than the DPMS because of the better fit and finish and two stage match trigger (most, but not all Rock Rivers come with the match trigger).

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    I own a RRA operator II. LOVE IT! No rattles, shakes, or issues. I've run thousands of rounds through it with no issues. It will devour everything from match ammo to cheap steel case stuff. I don't have any experience with DPMS so I can't give you a comparison. Just wanted to give you my opinion of the RRA. Good luck with your decision.:twocents:

TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    As Que mentions.......but if you are looking to upgrade, set your sights higher than the RRA, better choices are available for the same money.

What would you recommend? I was also considering a Rock River lower for my AAC 300 Blackout upper.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What would you recommend? I was also considering a Rock River lower for my AAC 300 Blackout upper.

What I would recommend would depend on what you plan on doing with this new AR. Just to throw out a blanket recommendation for one or two brands really doesn't help much without knowing what you plan to use it for.

Nothing wrong with building a RRA lower, I have a couple myself. :D

Joe'Bronco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    NorCal (Dont hate)
    Any built ar15 lower will be fine. They are all basicly the same as long as they are mil spec. They trigger is where you will see the most improvement and you can get one aftermarket. I prefer the Timney single stage myself.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Here we go again. Well my olympic shoots as good as any colt out there and ive never had any problems with it. Like others said for the money get a colt or build one,

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    IMO you already have a commercial build, the DPMS, which if it shoots fine then there is no reason to change it. I don't know that you will notice too much of a difference with the RR, although I think they are slightly superior to DPMS. I think you should save more $ (which is easy to say I know) and spend it on getting a high end AR like noveske, jp, larue that you will never ever want to get rid of!

Top Bottom