• ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Source Link

Great example of fighting back. Make me wonder if he ever worked with guns or he simply moved the muzzle off of himself and went to town with his training. Looks like the bad-guy may have slipped or something with all those bruises and cuts on his face. Poor guy. Muzzle avert, assert positional dominance, inflict damage. Can't be more clear cut than that.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Somehow I'm reminded of a line from a Jim Croche song..."You don't tug on Supermans cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and don't mess around with Justin"

Perp got off lucky.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I was just coming here to post that story. I felt that it is a "feel good Christmas story with a happy ending".:D

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Friday night on the Southwest Side.

On Sunday, Miranda, a 24-year-old convicted felon, was ordered held on $350,000 bond, following a hearing at the 26th and California courthouse. He is charged with armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm in the alleged attack.

Say it isnt so? Because we all know you cant carry guns in IL, and you cant own a gun as felon.

On a side note "Justin" sounds like he does like to somewhat embellish a little bit......"former military, high risk training, hostage rescue" first off there arent many people who do "hostage rescue" in the military and the people who do wouldnt even be offering hints about it to a reporter. Just my :twocents:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I know hindsight is always 20/20, but when the gun jams and the guy is bending over trying to pick the ejected round off the ground, that's the time to fight. Instead he let the guy get the gun loaded again and pointed at his chest before he decides to act. Again, who knows what I would have done in that situation, but it seems like he could have timed his response better. I'm just glad the mugger got his butt beat and shot himself in the ankle.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I know hindsight is always 20/20, but when the gun jams and the guy is bending over trying to pick the ejected round off the ground, that's the time to fight. Instead he let the guy get the gun loaded again and pointed at his chest before he decides to act. Again, who knows what I would have done in that situation, but it seems like he could have timed his response better. I'm just glad the mugger got his butt beat and shot himself in the ankle.

You beat me to that, I was wondering about that since he said he was not afraid because he is trained......I know one thing he probably should have dropped the guy when he started fumbling with the gun.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Nice, but he should have turned his head around a full 360 and been done with it .

Just another douche that will commit more crime once released and that we the taxpayers have to pay for while he has his fun in the cornhole corral.

Tired of it all.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    "I would read you your rights, but I'm sure you're aware of them".

There's no way that guy had a gun. Everyone knows that you aren't allowed to have a gun in Illinois! Plus, he was a felon. They must have meant a toy gun because gun control works.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I'll show you how serious I am. Attempts to rack gun and jams it. Oops should have practiced that move a bit more.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This criminal, I mean poor 99%er is likely an out of work computer programmer, accountant, or school teacher whose job was taken away by some 1%er. He has probably not received any proper training for this new line of work. I'm sure under one of Obama's job creating, economy enhancing programs there is some help available to him. But in the meantime, a couple of tips…

1. If you are gonna "jack somebody up" and maybe "pop a cap in his a$$", have a round in the chamber right off the bat. Sure racking a slide looks and sounds cool, but do it back at the crib. Maybe have a buddy come along with an empty pump shotgun and at particularly dramatic points in your "stand and deliver" speech, just jack the slide on that puppy.

2. When you approach the perspective victim and ask for a light or the time, you must immediately ascertain whether this is a “wolf” or a “sheep”. If you can't learn this skill and be able to make that determination in seconds, choose a new career. Couple of signs of a wolf; the eyes are often a dead give-away, if he/she is looking at you the way Clint Eastwood looks at Lee Van Cleef at the end of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, move on. Another is a serious case of cauliflower ear; this indicates a person who enjoys hitting and being hit in the head repeatedly.

Top Bottom