• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    In a couple of weekends I have to go Madison, Wisconsin. I have never been up that way so I was hoping some here could give me some must see places up that way. Are there any gun related must see stops I have to make?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tour the Capital building. Madison is a very leftist area. Take notice of all the no weapons signs posted on shop doors. Same some micro-brews from the Capitol Tap and Ale Asylum. Have dinner at The Old Fashioned.

Pretty much all I've done....

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Stop at the Gander Academy on the North East side of town, the range time is ridiculously priced, but since they put it in there's much better selection of gun stuff and the staff are actually attentive and nice. The Jet Room is usually a must for breakfast food, but last few times we skipped it, so I haven't really looked into the carry situation there.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Keep in mind that in Wisconsin, No Weapons signs DO have the force of Law.

You could make a billboard that states, "I hate Liberals & Union Thugs" and take a couple of laps around the Statehouse. You will meet all kinds of interesting people!!!:D:D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw the Dead at Alpine Valley Wisconsin. The ampitheater is fantastic. There were just over 60,000 people in PAID attendance.

Alas, now Jerry is gone, the Dead aren't playing Alpine Valley any more, so I don't have much reason to go.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'm a UW alum, grew up in the state and travel back pretty frequently.

How long you going to be in Mad-town? I can give lot's of suggestions but don't have any gun related ones.

Madison, in the downtown area around UW is still a hippie hangout. Lots of great bars, the Student Union is a must see and the Rathskellar inside is one of the best bars known to man. Also get some ice cream there. If the weather is nice go out the back and sit on the terrace overlooking Lake Mendota, have a few beers and hang with the students.

Check out the Capital - 2nd largest dome only to the US capitol, Monona Terrace, Arboreatum and Lake Wingra.

If you have time t drive out of town a little I'd head to Spring Green. It's beautiful country and maybe check out Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's place.

Restaurant scene if you're into it - one of the best in the country is L'Etoile. I proposed to my wife there. Expensive. The Plaza Tavern - Not! It's a 1950's WI tavern and my old haunt. The Red Shed.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I saw the Dead at Alpine Valley Wisconsin. The ampitheater is fantastic. There were just over 60,000 people in PAID attendance.

Alas, now Jerry is gone, the Dead aren't playing Alpine Valley any more, so I don't have much reason to go.

I am sure I was there....:cool:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Forget Madison......:) Head North up I-94 about 5 hours to beautiful Rusk County, and enjoy all the good things in life........Whitetail, Bear, Wolves, Turkey, Coyotes, Bald Eagles, etc., etc., etc. Besides hunting, there is nothing quite like canoeing down the Flambeau River and enjoying all the wildlife. Very, very peaceful.

Only downside, my in-laws are there.....:( ....but that also means I hunt from Sunrise to Sunset. :)

The only thing Madison has is a Fuddruckers, where we stop on the way up.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have to drive up there to exchange my kids with the ex-wife. I haven't decided if I'm going to get a room and spend the night or just have a nice dinner and come back home. I will have to come back the following weekend to pick the kids up. Thanks for all the suggestions so far keep them coming.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have to drive up there to exchange my kids with the ex-wife. I haven't decided if I'm going to get a room and spend the night or just have a nice dinner and come back home. I will have to come back the following weekend to pick the kids up. Thanks for all the suggestions so far keep them coming.

Nice of her to move to Wisconsin......;)

Shame your kids are so far away......:(

Doesn't Wisconsin have a death penalty clause written into child support? :D

Have a safe trip.......enjoy the scenery!!!!:)

Surlyhigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    I lived there for ten years. There are so many great places to eat. If you go to the Capital, try Coopers Tavern.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Nice of her to move to Wisconsin......;)

Shame your kids are so far away......:(

Doesn't Wisconsin have a death penalty clause written into child support? :D

Have a safe trip.......enjoy the scenery!!!!:)

She actually moved to Minnesota several years ago to avoid paying me child support.

I have custody so they are only 10 minutes away at school at the moment! :D

Top Bottom