• t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Recoil spring rate increase.
    Firing pin retainer. Put in a non-ramped one. Slows the cycle a bit.
    I know many do not approve but I have the poly recoil buffer in this one to keep it from pinning the ears back on the slide stop.....
    aRmP0CO.jpg

Thanks for the response CM.
    So, concerning the recoil spring, should you be looking for the typical 3 to 6 foot "brass ejection" range with the 10mm that you do with a .45?

And also...just trying to learn here...do the long slide 6" models like the Remington or Kimber offerings help or hurt things, as far as possible increased wear, with the increased mass of the longer slide?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the response CM.
    So, concerning the recoil spring, should you be looking for the typical 3 to 6 foot "brass ejection" range with the 10mm that you do with a .45?

And also...just trying to learn here...do the long slide 6" models like the Remington or Kimber offerings help or hurt things, as far as possible increased wear, with the increased mass of the longer slide?

As to the long slide I can only say what I know from the custom in the pic. It is a 6".
    The extra mass of the longer slide would (I think) eat up some recoil. How much is an unknown to me until tried. The secondary recoil of slide to frame could be a bit more intense "OR" the 6" might just run smoother over all.

Good question.

Yes to the brass.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have researched and made a few light modes to my 10mm Delta Elite and it runs like a fine watch.
    I also was able to purchase a S&W 1006 which handles 10mm very well.
    I bought a Mech Tech carbine in 10mm and a RI GI 45 to use the frame in it and it works great. It will put all of the shots into one ragged hole at 25 yards using jacketed ammo.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Keep us updated on how you like it. People talk like the 10mm kicks hard, but I've never thought so.

I recently bought the Glock 40 MOS. While I waited on reloading components to arrive, I shot Sellier and Bellot 180gn cartridges. I was surprised how little recoil it was. Since then I have handloaded Speer 180gn flat nose bullets and Accurate No. 7 powder to listed max charge. Muzzle velocity per Speer data would be about 1180 fps. It was definitely more recoil then the S&B but not unpleasant. I like the 10mm round more than I expected to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't notice it so much as I am shooting it as I do after putting 150+ rounds through one. I get some soreness in the web of my hand that evening and the next day.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve been a 10mm fan since the introduction of the original Delta Elite back in the day. I put hundreds of rounds through the original gun without an issue. I did use a full length guide rod and Wilson shock buffs though. Also had Wolfe springs for it. I’ve had a variety of 10mms, and still do, including Colt, Glock, Witness, S&W auto and revolver and. Ruger Blackhawk convertible. I’ve never had a Sig yet and really would love a good off the shelf PCC that uses Glock mags in 10mm. The original Norma loads were pretty peppy as are the current Underwood and Buffalo Bore, most others aren’t much more the 40 Short n Weak. The current popularity of the 10 is probably the most enthusiastic I’ve seen since it’s introduction. So I’ll keep my 10s and hope for that PCC to show up soon. By the way I know about the CMMG Banshee but to me that is not a $1600 gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been a 10mm fan since the introduction of the original Delta Elite back in the day. I put hundreds of rounds through the original gun without an issue. I did use a full length guide rod and Wilson shock buffs though. Also had Wolfe springs for it. I’ve had a variety of 10mms, and still do, including Colt, Glock, Witness, S&W auto and revolver and. Ruger Blackhawk convertible. I’ve never had a Sig yet and really would love a good off the shelf PCC that uses Glock mags in 10mm. The original Norma loads were pretty peppy as are the current Underwood and Buffalo Bore, most others aren’t much more the 40 Short n Weak. The current popularity of the 10 is probably the most enthusiastic I’ve seen since it’s introduction. So I’ll keep my 10s and hope for that PCC to show up soon. By the way I know about the CMMG Banshee but to me that is not a $1600 gun.

I see CMMG as a very overpriced outfit. The AR's and the Banshee.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    I want a banshee but im not going to SBR a proprietary lower. I havent looked hard in a few years,has anyone started making an upper with reliable mags, or an insert to run glock mags?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I have a friend that borrowed my Glock 20 so often, I needed to pick up another one. It is good to always have one ready to go. Oh, he is a die hard 1911 shooter.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Question to all you 10mm aficionados, I would LOVE to buy a 10mm HG as quite some time ago I was gifted about 350-400 pieces of new never fired 10mm WIN brass and a set of 10MM RCBS dies and I have more applicable powder and primers than I will likely use in the next 30 years so all I have left is to buy some 10mm bullets and I can be banging away.

So what is my best HG choice for the money? It will be for my in the woods hunting, hiking or fishing sidearm and all around fun range gun. Based on advice here will steer clear of the 1911 platform. No way no how can I afford let alone justify a CZ and I am uncertain about EAA HG's ability to handle the 10mm long term. So besides Glocks G20 anything that would be a better choice? I would absolutely upgrade the G20's recoil spring and guide rod and likely add a 6" AM barrel as well. The internet is littered with new and great condition used G20's at very attractive prices.
    Does the XD platform hold up to the 10mm as well as the G20?

Thanks Art.

Last edited:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    DMTJAGER,

I had a g20 with trijicon night sight & kkm 6" barrel. did not shoot accurately enough for deer or anywhere near accurate @50y. glock spring is fine unless I shot double tap or underwood hot loads.
    I reload & settled on 180gr lead cast missouri bullets. 180gr hornady xtp w/ titegroup for accurate hunting et. cetera.
    traded it off & sold kkm 6" to guy in CA.

I suggest you get a G29.
    not because I own one but because I own a G30 & 10mm stormlake conversion bbl. I shoots fantastic with 45 & 10mm. unfortunately 10mm conversions for G30 no longer available. There is one company in Austria that may still have them. last time I checked they had them by order thru their USA distributor @ 2x stormlake

Top Bottom