• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sometimes wisdom has a cost! I respect the going home for cash, since it’s so dangerous to walk into a gun store with a credit card. I bought my first Banshee because I had a credit card on me when going to pick up an FFL transfer! :):

Problem was there was no service for the card reader. It's kind of hard to use a card that can't be scanned.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Found an XDM 10, but was told its priced at 799. Thats above the MSRP on the 5.25 competition model though.

Going to look at it anyway

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It was a competition model in FDE

Ticks me off when you go to the manufacturer website to see all the models.....and they don't show all the models.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Did you call Madison Outdoors? He has 2 xdm 10mm. He has a layaway plan too. I'm sure he would hold it if you put 30% down on it.
    One was a 4.5" barrel the other had a threaded barrel. I didn't check the price on it buy the 4.5" barrel was $579

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Did you call Madison Outdoors? He has 2 xdm 10mm. He has a layaway plan too. I'm sure he would hold it if you put 30% down on it.
    One was a 4.5" barrel the other had a threaded barrel. I didn't check the price on it buy the 4.5" barrel was $579
    No. I do plan on swinging by there either Tuesday or Wednesday. Like to at least put hands on it before committing. I will call then because its about an 40 min out of the way.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No. I do plan on swinging by there either Tuesday or Wednesday. Like to at least put hands on it before committing. I will call then because its about an 40 min out of the way.

I'll say it feels much better than a Glock 20sf. It has that XDm ergonomics something all Glocks don't have that's my opinion on glocks ergonomics. But Glocks are reliable and ugly but they get the job done. I'd like to see CZ make a 10mm that looks similar to the P10F. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just talked to them.

They are open regular hours Tues and Wed, so I'll call them in the morning before I leave to see if it's still hanging out.

I'll say it feels much better than a Glock 20sf. It has that XDm ergonomics something all Glocks don't have that's my opinion on glocks ergonomics. But Glocks are reliable and ugly but they get the job done. I'd like to see CZ make a 10mm that looks similar to the P10F. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He's a good guy. Kind of quite but has good knowledge if you ask him he'll go out of the way to make his customers happy as much as possible.

Don't forget you can get 1000 primers of each type that is large rifle and pistol small rifle and pistol and 209' for shotgun. So you can grab a total of 5,000 primers while there. He's charging around $60 per 1,000 but he's got them in stock. Or did have that was a few days ago.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My .40 bore (10mm).
    Uses .41 ball.

But I figger'd out how to load these too.

The expanded ones were fired from a .40 bore rifle.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My .40 bore (10mm).
    Uses .41 ball.

But I figger'd out how to load these too.

The expanded ones were fired from a .40 bore rifle.
    That is on my list but probably will go with the 44. Who made your pistol? I heard in Friendship shoot there are some gunsmith that make custom made black powder rifles and pistols.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That is on my list but probably will go with the 44. Who made your pistol? I heard in Friendship shoot there are some gunsmith that make custom made black powder rifles and pistols.

It's a .36 converted to .40 by

He also has done a .36 caliber 1858 Remington, modifying it to shoot .41 molds such as would usually be used for .41 revolvers.
    I'm pretty sure the same modification could be done to use the .43 caliber molds such as would be used for .44 special cartridge revolvers.

Another viable alternative is now that Pietta is making decent revolvers and using a 16" twist in at least some of their percussion .44's, you can use .45 molds and size them to fit the Pietta chambers. Taking a .450/.451 soft lead bullet down to .446 or smaller to fit the chambers is easy. I use a .443 H&I sizer to make the tail end small enough to slip into the chambers, leaving the front driving band large enough to shear on the chamber mouth during loading. There's not a thing in the world wrong with shooting round ball but the flexibility the percussion revolvers have allows you to load for them much the same way as you would any revolver, just not using smokeless powder.
    I chose to get a .41 being particularly fond of the caliber and already having wadcutter, SWC, round nosed and round flat nose molds.

Just too much fun to pass up.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I own the Ruger SR1911 in 10mm. I hand load all my ammo. Some quite hot some not. I will say it has had 5000+ rounds thru it with no ill effects. No wear I can see. Very accurate. Dont let the price fool you. Ruger builds very good guns. You can pay twice the price but I don't think you will get twice the gun..All this just my humble opinion. If you want to try the 10mm without breaking the bank try the Ruger.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I own the Ruger SR1911 in 10mm. I hand load all my ammo. Some quite hot some not. I will say it has had 5000+ rounds thru it with no ill effects. No wear I can see. Very accurate. Dont let the price fool you. Ruger builds very good guns. You can pay twice the price but I don't think you will get twice the gun..All this just my humble opinion. If you want to try the 10mm without breaking the bank try the Ruger.
    How many full power 10mm rds? Most 10mm now days are nerfed to 40 S&W velocity. Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, Sig is making a decent 10mm load now too. Just wondering how many full power 10mm was shot out of those 5,000+ rounds.

If it's a high number say over half I might be interested in the Ruger 10mm.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    How many full power 10mm rds? Most 10mm now days are nerfed to 40 S&W velocity. Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, Sig is making a decent 10mm load now too. Just wondering how many full power 10mm was shot out of those 5,000+ rounds.

If it's a high number say over half I might be interested in the Ruger 10mm.
    At least half. I load my own and like them hot..like original Norma load hot. Not trying to sell anyone a Ruger but check out Jeff Quinn of Gunboats on YouTube. He does a review of the 10mm Ruger SR1911. You may find it helpful in your decision

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Just another caliber that I never had a use for. Much like the 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 454 Casual and a few others.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Would like a 10mm for carry in Alaska. Don't trust a Glock with full power Underwood loads. Wish CZ made a 10mm handgun.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Would like a 10mm for carry in Alaska. Don't trust a Glock with full power Underwood loads. Wish CZ made a 10mm handgun.
    There's a running discussion on Glocks and 10mm loads on another thread. They are talking about the case being unsupported causing Glock smiles. Is that what you are referring to also? If so it seems Glock "may" have made some updates to the barrel design since the earlier days.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There's a running discussion on Glocks and 10mm loads on another thread. They are talking about the case being unsupported causing Glock smiles. Is that what you are referring to also? If so it seems Glock "may" have made some updates to the barrel design since the earlier days.
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 20 with the older unsupported chamber. Somewhere during the Gen 3 10mm making they actually got better barrels and better chamber support. I would think the Gen 4 Glock 20 and 40 are good now. This is according to a Glock Armorer that posted in one of the threads and some research I've done on the Glock forum. However. Most in Alaska are buying KKM or Lone Wolf barrels anyway so they can shoot the 220gr offering from Underwood and Buffalo Bore.

Top Bottom