• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Sunday, March 17, 2024, is the first USPSA match of the year at Riley Conservation Club USPSA.

Register: https://practiscore.com/riley-conservation-club-uspsa-march-2024/register

Set up begins at 8 am sharp - We appreciate any and all setup help.
    Registration opens at 9:45 am
    Shooters meeting at 10:45 am
    First shot right after the shooters meeting

There will be 6 stages, if we have the setup crew to do it.

Round count should be around 180 (if you don't miss). Classifier will be CM 23-02 "This could be the Greatest Night of Our Lives".

Cost is $20. ROs, women, and juniors shoot for $10.

Register: https://practiscore.com/riley-conservation-club-uspsa-march-2024/register

Riley Conservation Club USPSA operates as a Cold Range during USPSA events at Riley CC: http://www.rileycc.com/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Im in bloomington and am very interested in getting involved in the competitive world of shooting. Im not a member or anything at Riley, is this an event I could potentially come to, just to help set up, and get a feel for everything?

If not this match, the next steel shoot?

I can offer my time, a set of hands and perhaps a couple dozen donuts.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Yes, absolutely. You don't need to be a member of Riley CC to shoot the match. We just hold USPSA matches at Riley and charge a $20 fee to participate. You are more than welcome to join the Riley Conservation Club, but it's not required to shoot our matches. We welcome all the setup help we can get. If you want to stick around and watch the match, just be sure to bring eye and ear protection. And you might as well bring a gun and ammo and shoot the match. You'll probably wish you had if you don't.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Yes, absolutely. You don't need to be a member of Riley CC to shoot the match. We just hold USPSA matches at Riley and charge a $20 fee to participate. You are more than welcome to join the Riley Conservation Club, but it's not required to shoot our matches. We welcome all the setup help we can get. If you want to stick around and watch the match, just be sure to bring eye and ear protection. And you might as well bring a gun and ammo and shoot the match. You'll probably wish you had if you don't.
    I would be very interested in that, ill need to check in with my fiancée to make sure im clear for the weekend (wedding planning is more intense than i had initially expected)

I will check in here to let you know my status for saturday promptly.

Regarding bringing a gun and ammo, I consider myself very green when it comes to shooting under a timer. Is this something I can do, as a total rookie?

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Your first trips out are less about competing under the timer and more about being safe and having fun. It's more important if you know how to properly use and handle a gun safely than it is going fast. We're certainly not going to pressure you into something you're not comfortable with or ready for.

It's probably worth checking out the USPSA website and reviewing the rules. You certainly don't need to be a rules expert on your first day, but it's helpful to understand the range commands, how matches operate and have a basic understanding of the scoring. Also, check out some videos on YouTube of some matches. This will help also give you an idea of how things operate. Again, our main goal is to be sure everyone has fun but also stays safe.

Also, just to be sure, we setup and shoot on Sunday, not Saturday.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would be very interested in that, ill need to check in with my fiancée to make sure im clear for the weekend (wedding planning is more intense than i had initially expected)

I will check in here to let you know my status for saturday promptly.

Regarding bringing a gun and ammo, I consider myself very green when it comes to shooting under a timer. Is this something I can do, as a total rookie?
    We all shot our first match at some point, it’s intimidating but do able. People generally recommend shooting Steel Challenge first to get used to working under range commands and having a little less stress once the timer beeps, there is very little movement required for SC where it’s a big part of the game in USPSA.
    My experience is people that compete in the shooting sports are positive and inviting, some of us are even friendly
    Watch some videos on YT and if you feel confident you can keep your wits about you and your muzzle down range give it a try!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I have no doubts in my ability to be safe, i have been watching matches constantly on youtube for a few weeks and trying to learn through tutorial videos. This is my best as of two weeks ago, I only want to improve

I will now stop hogging this thread. Im excited.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I think I have a reprieve from work this weekend due to an uncooperative agitator.
    I’m going to attempt to find a suitable pistol and accoutrements
    It shall be a **** show

Top Bottom