• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    So does "Lifetime" mean LIFETIME? Is the Governments definition of "Lifetime" even legitimate, or can that be stripped from us too?

I applied for my Lifetime LTCH (yes, i'm still waiting for my man-written right to arrive) but I have to ask because I genuinely do not know..Is it REALLY lifetime? If the law is to be changed, does my lifetime that I had to pay extra for mean nothing?

Can it be grandfathered? I mean, every answer might just be speculation but someone out there may have some information on this. With all the ridiculous cases I see and states banning this and that the question begs to be answered, are we enjoying these freedoms while we still CAN? or are we waiting for the right pen to hit paper and our "lifetime" just got cut to the day it's written?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Actually its a god given right, but to answer your question it's lifetime its not going anywhere and even if it did people who have it now would be grandfathered in.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldnt put anything past the corrupt people that make the rules. I would say yes you are good for lifetime, but I cant personally guarantee that.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If some people have their way, you will be able to keep your "lifetime" permit you just won't have a gun to go with it.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    they grandfathered in the old lifetime hunting permits i believe it was.

ask Randy Weaver what the govt thought lifetime meant to his Son and Wife. just saying. i dont forget things like that.

Being born in 1987 and not knowing who Randy Weaver was at all, I decided to look it up and...WOW. Just wow.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Being born in 1987 and not knowing who Randy Weaver was at all, I decided to look it up and...WOW. Just wow.

good 4 you!! thats what i was hoping for. its so F'd up what they did to him and his family that people wouldnt believe it unless they read it themselves. thats why i just laugh at people who believe the govt gives 2 sh*ts about them.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    So does "Lifetime" mean LIFETIME? Is the Governments definition of "Lifetime" even legitimate, or can that be stripped from us too?

I applied for my Lifetime LTCH (yes, i'm still waiting for my man-written right to arrive) but I have to ask because I genuinely do not know..Is it REALLY lifetime? If the law is to be changed, does my lifetime that I had to pay extra for mean nothing?

Can it be grandfathered? I mean, every answer might just be speculation but someone out there may have some information on this. With all the ridiculous cases I see and states banning this and that the question begs to be answered, are we enjoying these freedoms while we still CAN? or are we waiting for the right pen to hit paper and our "lifetime" just got cut to the day it's written?

Please do remember that "life" can mean anything the legislature or the courts can want it to mean.

The Supreme Court has more or less implied that life doesn't begin at conception. A life sentence for murder, doesn't necessarily require that a person serve the remainder of one's life in prison.

As the old joke goes:
    An old man walks into a doctor's office and says, "I can't pee.

The doctors asks, "How old are you", to that the man replies, "89".

The doctor retorts, "You've peed enough."

I'm waiting for our government to tell us, when enough life is enough for anything. I believe that its merely around the corner.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    good 4 you!! thats what i was hoping for. its so F'd up what they did to him and his family that people wouldnt believe it unless they read it themselves. thats why i just laugh at people who believe the govt gives 2 sh*ts about them.

Also being an ex MP in the Army, I know the Government doesn't care about us lol. Why are combat vets homeless and starving while illegal's or lowlives sleep peacefully in a warm bed every night? Trust me I know all about our Government, just haven't been around long enough to see any major changes or overhauls to gun laws or their "lifetime" licenses.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As it stands now, the Lifetime LTCH means that it expires when you do and no sooner, unless you become "not a proper person" as defined in state statute.

No one can tell you that something will or will not be grandfathered, considering that there is no bill before the currently-out-of-session legislature to revoke or rescind the LLTCH.

Whether it is or is not valid, grandfathered, rescinded, or simply declared null and void depends on the language of a bill before the legislature and the votes to pass or not pass it. Given the nature of Indiana politics, I do not see such an attack taking place, but all the same, I would recommend being aware of and careful with the votes you cast in November. Choose candidates for office that represent what you believe, not just members of this or that party.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As far as I can chase this rumor, it was started by a clerk at the Howard County (Kokomo) Sheriff's Department who was tired of answering all the inquiries regarding lifetime LTCH.

Apparently she knew about the lifetime hunting license being rescinded and decided to apply it to the LTCH. How this saved her work I do not know. However, this is where the trail ends.

Kirk, the gun shop rumor hunter.:D

infebious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    I have a lifetime permit, it has a blank space in the expiration date, where my old one had an expiration date.

match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    Since the state honors the "lifetime" hunting licenses, I think that there is a very good chance that the state will honor "lifetime" carry licenses in the future, even if they stop issuing them like the lifetime hunting licenses. Luckily I heard about the lifetime carry license, and my four year permit was expiring too. Unfortunately I didn't hear about the lifetime hunting license, until it was no longer offered. Bummer cause I was old enough, and had enough money to buy one, before they got rid of them. Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom