• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yea, "SCAB". Would you rather hire someone to do the job right the first time and pay more or hire someone cheap that MIGHT do it right. Can't post a damn thing on this thread without getting some assjag..... Never effen mind.

Nice display. Rather? I'd rather have the choice to hire who I'd like. Anyone believe now that union types wouldn't bust a few heads to get what they want?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nice display. Rather? I'd rather have the choice to hire who I'd like. Anyone believe now that union types wouldn't bust a few heads to get what they want?

C'mon, man! Everyone knows that if it isn't done by union labor, it's cheep, shoddy and will fall apart.

It's that kind of mentality that, to some degree, spawned the whole RTW push. Just because it costs more doesn't make it better. Quality is not defined by price. Quality is not defined by union or non-union. Quality is defined by design, talent and experience. You can have all of those criteria and not be with a union.

The main point is that I want to be the one choosing who does the work. Choice is the main foundation in a free society.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yea, "SCAB". Would you rather hire someone to do the job right the first time and pay more or hire someone cheap that MIGHT do it right. Can't post a damn thing on this thread without getting some assjag..... Never effen mind.

This is the typical mindset, mentality, & verbiage that runs rampant through labor organizations. (Not everyone mind you, but a vast majority fits this description.) And still some folk wonder why their membership/popularity is declining rapidly?

"Show me your friends and I'll show you our future." ~ J. Ragle

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point

You do have a choice. Yea all of us union guys are goons, I'll bust some heads for a pack of smokes. And I dont even smoke. RTW? How about Right to choose? Last I checked everyone has that right. Either choose union or not.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    I've never belonged to a union, so my experience is based solely on growing up in a union household, but I will say this.

My father is one of the most mild-mannered men you'll ever meet. Very Christian, doesn't swear, doesn't smoke, and will rarely have a drink... usually wine with dinner. Calm, accommodating to a fault.

He belonged to a union. They were on strike when I was about 8 years old, and I went with him to the picket line one day. It was like he was an entirely different person. I was shocked by the way he had turned into a polar opposite of himself, and I never went again.

The mob mentality has a way of bringing out the worst in people. This is where unions fail.

While unions served their purpose decades ago, laws have been passed that provide all of the protections that they instigated. For that I'm grateful. But they've transformed into a corrupt, violent organization that uses threats, intimidation, and outright assault and destruction to get their way, and they use their dues to channel enormous sums of money to the Democrat party (take a look at the "Heavy Hitters" page on opensecrets.org).

There are good union workers, and bad ones. There are good non-union workers, and bad ones.

I think it's only fair to let the employee decide if they want to pay the union or not.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've never belonged to a union, so my experience is based solely on growing up in a union household, but I will say this.

My father is one of the most mild-mannered men you'll ever meet. Very Christian, doesn't swear, doesn't smoke, and will rarely have a drink... usually wine with dinner. Calm, accommodating to a fault.

He belonged to a union. They were on strike when I was about 8 years old, and I went with him to the picket line one day. It was like he was an entirely different person. I was shocked by the way he had turned into a polar opposite of himself, and I never went again.

The mob mentality has a way of bringing out the worst in people. This is where unions fail.

While unions served their purpose decades ago, laws have been passed that provide all of the protections that they instigated. For that I'm grateful. But they've transformed into a corrupt, violent organization that uses threats, intimidation, and outright assault and destruction to get their way, and they use their dues to channel enormous sums of money to the Democrat party (take a look at the "Heavy Hitters" page on opensecrets.org).

There are good union workers, and bad ones. There are good non-union workers, and bad ones.

I think it's only fair to let the employee decide if they want to pay the union or not.

Union Violence and Corruption got so bad that the Federal Government passed the Taft-Hartley act in order to make a lot of what they were doing illegal.

Doesn't mean it still doesn't happen. The SEIU is the worst offender, but I'm sure others still don't mind getting in someone's face to make sure they vote the proper way.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You do have a choice. Yea all of us union guys are goons, I'll bust some heads for a pack of smokes. And I dont even smoke. RTW? How about Right to choose? Last I checked everyone has that right. Either choose union or not.

It's exactly about Right To Choose, as you said.. read it for yourself..

Employee's right to work. Makes it a Class A misdemeanor
    to require an individual to: (1) become or remain a member of a labor
    organization; (2) pay dues, fees, or other charges to a labor
    organization; or (3) pay to a charity or another third party an amount
    that represents dues, fees, or other charges required of members of a
    labor organization; as a condition of employment or continuation of
    employment. Establishes a separate private right of action for violations
    or threatened violations. Provides that the statute does not apply to
    federal employees, employees subject to certain federal laws, certain
    employees over whom the federal government has jurisdiction, state
    employees, and employees of a political subdivision. Provides that the
    statute does not apply to the extent it is in conflict with or preempted
    by federal law.

Now, read this..

"I submit that the real RTW debate is about the unions' fear that if this legislation passes, members will run out the door and their decline would be hastened. Instead of unions fighting RTW, they should ask why their members would want to leave in the first place?" -Abdul-Shakim Habazz

So? Why would their members want to leave if given the choice? :dunno:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    From seeing my friends comments on Facebook, they were told by union reps that they'd lose around $5,300/yr, workers comp, and then their jobs. Most haven't even thought about finding out what RTW actually is or does.

Of course union reps are going to use fear tactics to keep or obtain membership! (Sound familiar?) Gotta keep that money rolling in. :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So? Why would their members want to leave if given the choice? :dunno:

Has anybody here answered that question yet? I mean no disrespect to union supporters, but why is that question continually glossed-over? RTW is a moot point if you figure out why somebody would choose not to join and then correct that issue. If I open a social club and nobody comes, the logical question would be "why doesn't anybody want to join?" The union response to that question seems to be "well let's force them to come." Apparently, some here think that's a sensible response to the problem. Makes no sense...

Say I own a company that employs electricians. I'm in need of a new electrician for my company. An electrician needs a job and says "Hey I'll do electrician work if you pay me." I say, "Great! I need your skills, and you need my money, it's a deal." Then, somebody comes up and says "hey you can't hire him unless he joins this union and pays us money." Now, this other person has nothing to do with either of us but he's going to tell me how to run my business and the new electrician who he can and can't work for. And that's okay with some folks?

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Has anybody here answered that question yet? I mean no disrespect to union supporters, but why is that question continually glossed-over? RTW is a moot point if you figure out why somebody would choose not to join and then correct that issue. If I open a social club and nobody comes, the logical question would be "why doesn't anybody want to join?" The union response to that question seems to be "well let's force them to come." Apparently, some here think that's a sensible response to the problem. Makes no sense...

Say I own a company that employs electricians. I'm in need of a new electrician for my company. An electrician needs a job and says "Hey I'll do electrician work if you pay me." I say, "Great! I need your skills, and you need my money, it's a deal." Then, somebody comes up and says "hey you can't hire him unless he joins this union and pays us money." Now, this other person has nothing to do with either of us but he's going to tell me how to run my business and the new electrician who he can and can't work for. And that's okay with some folks?

I'll join. BTW, what is code for "social club", anyway?:cool:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

No one has even sniffed at that question.

Yep, STILL nothing.. Still can't get it answered on any other Forum i am on either.. nowhere..nothing.. not even an attempt to answer it.

Top Bottom