• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    Looking for a good backpack to carry a long gun in. Maybe for hunting but mainly for hiking. Any suggestions? Maybe a brand to look at. Like to be able too carry two at once. Also is it best to carry barrel up and uncovered or facing down in the carrier? Thanks

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Looking for a good backpack to carry a long gun in. Maybe for hunting but mainly for hiking. Any suggestions? Maybe a brand to look at. Like to be able too carry two at once. Also is it best to carry barrel up and uncovered or facing down in the carrier? Thanks

JMHO, in the carrier, doesn't matter, unless loaded, condition 1 .....

Uncovered, barrel up ..... don't shoot yourself, as long as barrel is above shoulder, head .....

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Check out Eberlestock gun slinger. They make one hell of a pack. I have the X1A. I don't use it much any more because I don't do the hiking that I did do. They also sell a shotgun scabbard that can be attached to the side of the pack. Their packs are not cheap, but they are good. I have never had any trouble out of mine. I also like the barrel down so stuff don't get in the barrel. Like rain and stuff that falls out of trees.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Are you looking to just strap it to the side?

Many backpacking packs have side straps for carrying gear on the side of the pack (such as foam pads or tarps) and also many have pockets on the outside (normally used for water) combo those together and easily can use it for a rifle. Osprey is one brand off the top of my head, that is quality but Im sure cheaper options are out there

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Eberlestock hands down. Arcterx Khard are also very nice, be prepared, they both have steep price tags!

^ Both are awesome packs.

Depending how short the long gun is, you might get by with a Sneaky Bag or something like the 5.11 Covert. Not in the same ballpark of quality as Elberlstock or Arcterx, but more budget friendly

Top Bottom