• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was opening up some packages this afternoon with my Kershaw Blur which I had just sharpened the previous day. Apparently 2020 wanted to get one last jab in and seized the opportunity. I’ve been carrying a pocket knife since I was 8 years old, you would think I would know to get my thumb out of the way when closing my knife.

So I spent much of New Year’s Eve in urgent care getting stitched up. Six stitches and a sore thumb later, and I’m ready for 2020 to be over. Who knew that they could actually thread the stitches right through the finger nail?

xie7cvp.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ouch. Glad it wasn’t worse. Now you have a permanent scar to remind you what a **** show 2020 was. Nothing a little liquid medicine won’t take your mind off of

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Since it was you and not me, I say worth the price of admission just to see the stitches through the nail. ;)

Glad to see it wasn't any worse!

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The skin under the nail is so sensitive I bet that hurt more than the cut itself. I would’ve told them I’ll just super glue it if they’re gonna pop a needle thru my nail

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    The skin under the nail is so sensitive I bet that hurt more than the cut itself. I would’ve told them I’ll just super glue it if they’re gonna pop a needle thru my nail
    I was going to super glue it but my wife made me go to urgent care. When I told the doc that I was going to super glue it he came unglued (haha). He lectured me for a good 5 minutes about why I should never super glue a cut.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was going to super glue it but my wife made me go to urgent care. When I told the doc that I was going to super glue it he came unglued (haha). He lectured me for a good 5 minutes about why I should never super glue a cut.
    Wonder why. I’ve heard some say super gluing a cut was becoming common practice. Location of the cut maybe? Hope they numbed you up good, that would be horrible without meds. Being your right thumb, if you’re right handed, is going to be painful for a bit too. Most common used “finger”... best wishes man hope it heals quick

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Who knew that they could actually thread the stitches right through the finger nail?
    Wow, I didn't know that ! Sorry that it bit you on New Year's Eve, dood. It's awesome that you still have a sense of humor about it, and chose to commemorate Rhino :thumbsup: (I miss that guy).

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Ouch, did the blade go under the nail? Soon as they said stitches through the nail I would've said I'm good pass me the glue.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have used super glue and am still alive, seems like I heard somewhere that doctors sometimes use it.
    Contacted Rhino a while back and he is doing well, working what sounds like a good and long term job. Hope things go well for him. Jim.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :faint: I bet that would be real pleasant to bump for the next few days.
    I've done it. Several times. Its not fun.

Drove my wife's Jeep to pick up Chinese food tonight. It's a manual trans, and the shifter is real close to the dash. Nailed my thumb 3 or 4 times while shifting gears.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Owie! Good way to learn a new language. Dr. say anything about putting something over the sewing for protection?
    No, he just said to put ointment on it to keep it from drying and cracking. I've been trying to cover it with gauze and tape periodically throughout the day. will probably just get a large bandaid to put over it.

Top Bottom