• ...and so much more!
  • colt python vs colt 1860 vs S&W governor vs S&W 686

• Total voters

Flork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    The 686 is the most robust and simplest of all the designs you have listed there.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    so that is the only choice....just revolvers. Not even a caliber breakout.....just four choices? No S&W Model 29? No Ruger SP101? (which those two shouldn't be pitted against each other anyway).

So...Semi-Autos get broken out and go one on one, but revolvers...ALL revolvers...are just lumped into one category.....and then only four models...two by Colt, two by S&W.....are chosen. No rhyme or reason.

Anyway......seems like you either don't like or don't know revolvers. Abstaining to vote......

(not really angry.....just gotta be a protester in every crowd...I'll be it for the revolver crowd)

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    so that is the only choice....just revolvers. Not even a caliber breakout.....just four choices? No S&W Model 29? No Ruger SP101? (which those two shouldn't be pitted against each other anyway).

So...Semi-Autos get broken out and go one on one, but revolvers...ALL revolvers...are just lumped into one category.....and then only four models...two by Colt, two by S&W.....are chosen. No rhyme or reason.

Anyway......seems like you either don't like or don't know revolvers. Abstaining to vote......

(not really angry.....just gotta be a protester in every crowd...I'll be it for the revolver crowd)
    only five revolvers moved on from round 1. their was 10 revolvers in round 1, if you wanted to see more, you should have suggested them when i asked for suggestions.

sorry you are not happy with how it turned out, but it just came down to colt vs S&W.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    only five revolvers moved on from round 1. their was 10 revolvers in round 1, if you wanted to see more, you should have suggested them when i asked for suggestions.

sorry you are not happy with how it turned out, but it just came down to colt vs S&W.

Nah, I'm just saying that revolvers should have been handled like pistols. One vs One for comparable revolvers. You said that with pistols you were trying to pit them against each other according to function and price, then with revolvers, you just put them ALL into one poll regardless of function, price, caliber, etc.

What I am saying is that there shouldn't be a poll that pits something like as an example a S&W Model 29 .44mag against something like a LCR .38spl. Yes, they are both revolvers, but that is about the ONLY thing the two have in common. The two handguns have two entirely different purposes.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you weren't going to put the effort into revolvers that you did pistols, then you shouldn't have done anything with revolvers because you aren't really comparing like revolvers. The poll really tells nothing about revolvers.

That's all. :D

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Nah, I'm just saying that revolvers should have been handled like pistols. One vs One for comparable revolvers. You said that with pistols you were trying to pit them against each other according to function and price, then with revolvers, you just put them ALL into one poll regardless of function, price, caliber, etc.

What I am saying is that there shouldn't be a poll that pits something like as an example a S&W Model 29 .44mag against something like a LCR .38spl. Yes, they are both revolvers, but that is about the ONLY thing the two have in common. The two handguns have two entirely different purposes.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you weren't going to put the effort into revolvers that you did pistols, then you shouldn't have done anything with revolvers because you aren't really comparing like revolvers. The poll really tells nothing about revolvers.

That's all. :D
    im sorry this is the first time i have ever done this. the problem is certain revolver only compare to one other revolver, like the governor, it beat the judge, and now there is nothing else like it to compare it to. same thing with the colt m1860. a black powder revolver is not going to get a fair shake against modern pistols. it won its compition, and was included because of that. that leaves the python vs 686. are these not both 357?
    if there not please let me know. you were right on one part, i do not know alot about revovers, but included them to keep the revovler crowd interested, and would have been unfair to leave them out.
    maybe later we can do this contest with just revovers, and i would appreciate your input on the contestans.
    thank you and have a nice day.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I'm just giving you a hard time.....but yes....you should be able to break it down with revolvers just like you did with semi-autos. Maybe in a future poll you could do a revolver bracket.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Python first S&W 686 a very close second. 686 is a new shooters dream. 38 wadcutters in big heavy Smith. Doesn't get much better.

Top Bottom