• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    they are, aren't they...

And like Sophia Loren and Helen Mirren age does not affect their beauty.....:)

I have since got the "correct grips" for her with the hollowed out blue washer on the inside of the grip that was used from 1946-1948...Why I was bothered by something one could not see I will never know but I was...Not numbered to the gun but I can live with that....I believe this revolver may have a mate in the northern half of the State...They are kind of scarce...The barrel rib is tapered and they only made them this way from 1946-1948..

I tried to rep you but I have to "spread it around"....Love the "Sixguns".....I finally got a first edition for my collection so I got my "user" copy and my "pose with pics copy".....:)

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Cycling a DA revolver requires a lot of dry fire work until you can pull it through without moving the sights. Put a small dot on your wall and watch the front sight intensely while you dry fire slowly. You don't want to know exactly when the hammer going to fall - you just keep it steady until it does. Semi auto pistols are ridiculously easy to shoot compared to a DA revo. But amazing things are definitely possible. It's very similar to archery - it is pure Zen. It's like the difference between driving a nail in with a 20 oz. framing hammer - or whacking it with a nail gun.

And if you really want to see how your grip, sight picture and trigger control are working together try practice with a laser equipped gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a LaserLyte cartridge for my 9, 40 and 45s. I wish they made them in .38 Special, but that could get expensive with 6 of them needed. They are a great tool for dry fire practice though.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have a LaserLyte cartridge for my 9, 40 and 45s. I wish they made them in .38 Special, but that could get expensive with 6 of them needed. They are a great tool for dry fire practice though.

Same here. My idea was to load the other 4 - 5 cylinders with a snap cap, and have the laser cartridge in the remaining slot. But yeah, no such thing as a 357/38 laser cartridge. I'd definitely have one if there was.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The west wasn't won with a glock.

It would have been if they were invented.

I really like revolvers but IMO, they offer only one distinct advantage to a semi auto in a defensive scenario (other than looking cooler), and that's cycling with a contact shot. This can be overcame with something like a weapon light but given the choice of a sub compact auto vs a J frame on my ankle, J frame wins.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It would have been if they were invented.

I really like revolvers but IMO, they offer only one distinct advantage to a semi auto in a defensive scenario (other than looking cooler), and that's cycling with a contact shot. This can be overcame with something like a weapon light but given the choice of a sub compact auto vs a J frame on my ankle, J frame wins.

they will also function when fired inside a coat pocket

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just be sure your coat is not made of flammable material............especially all you guys with the J frame snub loaded with flame thrower 110 gr loads.

mkin8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Here's a different point of view: If a person is handicapped & doesn't have full use of one hand it can make it hard to jack a round into a semi-auto so a revolver is easier to use for some. Just a thought.

Top Bottom