• Status
    Not open for further replies.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Well I had an appointment at work and I got back to my desk and I had a package!!!:rockwoot::D

I knew what was in it but I was like a child on Christmas morning!! Here are some pictures and a brief initial review of my brand new ZT 0301:rockwoot::D

IT comes in a cool little box. Coloring on the box is all green which is cool and then has a colored American Flag, very cool.
    FriMar05120835AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

I pulled the knife out of the box and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and came with a small instruction sheet that explains warranty info, and some other stuff that I haven’t read because my knife wanted to be played with!!!
    FriMar05120847AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

I ordered this on Ebay actually at it came with a free t-shirt (free...ya....right...:rolleyes:) Its an XL so a little big for me but still a sweet shirt, the front and back can be seen in some of these pics.

FriMar05120854AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriMar05120859AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriMar05120904AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriMar05120908AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriMar05120913AmericaNew_York201-1.jpg

FriMar05120916AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

FriMar05120925AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Here is a size comparison with the 0301 on the top, Kershaw Zing and Rat IZULA

FriMar05120935AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

This is a Beefy Knife!! Here are the specs from the Manufactures Website found at KAI USA : ZT Product Details
    ZT and Strider joined forces to design this top-quality combat folder equipped with SpeedSafe® manual assisted opening. The ambidextrous thumb stud or blade protrusion enables you to deploy the blade one-handed. In addition to SpeedSafe®, the 0301 features a tough S30V stainless-steel blade with “Tiger Stripe” Tungsten DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating, which enhances hardness and reduces friction drag—as well as providing a non-reflective camo surface. The blade is matched with Ranger Green G-10 scales, 3-D machined to provide a secure grip. A 3/8-inch hex head pivot shaft nut makes field adjustments possible with minimal tools. Includes a quad mounting system for tip-up, tip-down, left- or right-handed clip carry.
    Steel: S30V stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating with Tiger Stripes
    Handle: 3D machined, G-10 and Titanium
    Blade Length: 3 3/4 in. (9.5 cm)
    Closed Length: 5 1/4 in. (13.3 cm
    Overall Length: N/A
    Weight: 8.6 oz.
    SpeedSafe
    • Ambidextrous Opening
    • Frame Lock
    • Coating
    • Titanium
    • Thumb Stud
    • Pocket Clip
    • G10
    I don't know much about blade steel but you can get a little more info in this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_cutting_edge/79299-s30v_steel.html From what I understand the DLC coating is the black on the blade and they sandblast part of it to get the tiger stripe which I love.

One side of the handle appears to be Titanium (the back) and the Green part is the G-10. They call this green "Ranger Green" They other options for this knife would be the black 0300 and the Coyote 0302.

This thing is a little on the heavy side, it actually weights more than my Kel-Tec P3AT :n00b:.
    I know a lot of guys on here have the RC-4 from Rat...the RC-4 weighs in at 7.4 oz and the ZT is 8.6 oz.

For an assisted opener it is a little slower than I am used to but still pop open. I am guessing the sluggishness is from the weight of the gigantic blade.

Being stiff the thumb studs are a little hard to use but the finger flipper works great. I am sure that it will loosen up a bit but I actually prefer the flipper on my Zing so I will probably keep using it on the ZT.

I also like the idea of the Clip being able to go in 4 different places. Each end on each side has a spot to screw the pocket clip to. I will have to play around to see how I like to carry it.

I am impressed with this knife so far and all I have done is cut paper
    :D
    I paid more for this knife than I have any other but I am going to keep stressing to my wife that I got a FREE T-SHIRT AND FREE SHIPPING!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom