• ...and so much more!
  • rough-n-tumble

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Albany
    Nice review.
    Like many others I am waiting to find this local.
    Enjoy all the Caniks I've shot except for the SC.
    I shot the SC great, though never felt great in the hand.
    The grip on the MC does look different, so I'm hoping.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well my experiment of running the Canik in some IDPA BUG matches for the summer is over. Though I didn't do great, the gun did fine. My co worker who got his at about the same time ran it in every IDPA match this season and managed to win his division in a couple of majors. I will say though it seemed a waste to have that nice deep direct mount optics pocket unused, so . . .
    PXL_20230917_222610226.MP.jpg PXL_20230914_224720173.MP.jpg
    Once I get a proper AIWB holster I will be doing a direct comparison between this and my non permissive edc 365xl.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My TP9SF has 2500 and counting without a malf. Ate Tula all day long when I could still get it. Never handled the G26 equivalent but it doesn't surprise me it runs fine. The Turks have a lot of whiffs but the TP9 series is an excellent gun.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Son has 3 canik pistols. He loves them. I would consider buying one but I don’t remember what models he has but he has put many rounds thru them and no issues to bring up

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    FYI, there is a MC9 magazine sleeve available to facilitate the use of those 18 rounders.

Here also.
    $8

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Above is a comparison review I did of the MC9.

I have tried the longer mags in the MC9 now and they do function. While on the subject of functioning I ran the MC9 in an IDPA type charity match today and ran into some issues. I had a light primer strike in one stage which I can't blame on the gun yet. That was using previously reliable New Republic 115 grain FMJ's that through 1,000's of rounds in other guns has not had an issue. More disturbing than that was another stage where I had a couple of malfunctions including a failure to feed where I had to unload and reload the gun to get it back up and running. This cost me some time in the match and could have been real bad IRL. I am also coming to the conclusion that about the smallest gun I can still shoot well enough for me is the Sig 365XL. As I mention in the above comparo the Canik has some good points and in drills it holds its own, but once you get to a match type setting, for me, it starts to fall behind. That is not really a knock on the MC9 but more of an indictment on any guns that size and smaller for real performance.

As it stands right now, the MC9 won't be taking over for the 365XL for EDC. As a matter of fact, I am giving serious consideration to up sizing though of course for many of us that can be easier said than done, especially at work.

Attachments

• 1000000676.jpg
      1000000676.jpg
      539.4 KB · Views: 6
    Top Bottom