Review: N-Strike Recon CS-6 (with pics and Range Report!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The Nerf battles rage almost daily across 3-4 backyards in our neighborhood... I know of a couple kids that will be adding to their arms cache this Christmas.

God love 'em! That makes me well up and feel so pround. I miss those days of running around playing cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, army, etc. in the neighborhood! :yesway:

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Good luck if you ever need to clean the thing! Spent 2 hours Saturday tearing my son's LongShot CS-6 down - he got sand in the internals and it locked up tight... Only required a phillips head screw driver to takedown, but I think there were 22 screws that needed to be pulled to break it apart. There are a couple of tricky springs you need to watch during disassembly, make sure they get seated correctly or the weapon may fail the function test. Took pics of it torn down, will see about posting them this week... (by the way, the LongShot is spring fired, not gas operated - makes me wonder if the Recon is as well - since they share a similar platform).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    (by the way, the LongShot is spring fired, not gas operated - makes me wonder if the Recon is as well - since they share a similar platform).

You do realize that my entire review was written tongue-in-cheek and therefore the information contained in it shouldn't be taken seriously, right? :D

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    The worst part of this is that I got to shoot one the other day. My good friend's kids challenged us to a NERF war, So me and their Dad went and bought 1 of these a piece. I loved it. HAHAHA! Well I gave it away already but luckily if I need it again its only a phone call away.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    A few friends and myself decided a nerf war was in order Sunday evening. After reading this review I settled on one of the cs-6 carbines. I am more than pleased with my purchase :)

my personal choice was the full length setup with tactical light mounted on the bottom rail on the supressor. It proved to be quite helpful due to the fact we chose urban night operations :)

thanks again to the OP for the in depth review haha

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You do realize that my entire review was written tongue-in-cheek and therefore the information contained in it shouldn't be taken seriously, right? :D

It is serious enough for my house to be filled now:

4216273269_e4352b022d.jpg

Note that my kids demanded a colocated sight setup for faster acquisition than you had acheived:

4216274181_07d34e5db3.jpg

They are gonna waste those pins so much faster now...

Oh, and the boy wanted to get into the revolver league having seen VUPD's setup and so we had to go for it:

4217037934_3521265908.jpg

But like VUPD, the problem became whether to go stock or open. Finally, open was the choice:

4217040240_055399c3d6.jpg

4217043584_a5909c1d3a.jpg

Ah, so many choices, and so many foam darts, stuck to just about everything now...

:):

:ingo:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Very nice choices techres.. I bought one of the revolver ones for a friend's son for Christmas. Sadly he was having probs working the slide, so I'll have to work with him on that one. All both parents could say when they saw that was, Thaaanks Matt.

For some reason I don't think they were too happy. :dunno:

:D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Santa left me some cash to "get me sumthin real nice..." and I'm halfway considering one of these. My 2 year old daughter has a Nerf Double Bbl shotgun, and I think she's ready to move up to a semi auto. :D

Top Bottom