• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    No two day carbine planned for 2022.
    Several other two day events though so check the Revere’s riders website. Two day basic rifle for starters as soon as the date/dates set. Two day UKD (unknown distance) ….
    Special subjects we will cover , but not limited to, prone, kneeling, movement (lots of movement), barricades.
    Probably check zero but not going to spend much time on it if everyone shows up squared away we get to do more.
    Show up with mags loaded bring more ammo too if in doubt, you can always take it back home.
    Nigel
    Two spots remain

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Load them to the max. If we need to download we can, but show up good to go.
    Looking forward to shooting with you again. See you next week unless we get snowed in lol!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    OK, thanks. I was sitting here loading all the training mags I could find (Only eight. There must be a bag of them somewhere that I can't find) and then started to wonder if I should be.

Should be a good time. I've been looking forward to it as I haven't shot this year other than checking zero on both rifles.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Downloading magazines?!?
    Are folks still carrying revolvers around on an empty chamber too?

Use those things on the ends of your arms for more than pickin' yer nose and PUSH-PULL!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    No amount of pushing is going to seat a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt. The magazine needs room for the top round to push down into the magazine slightly to fit under the bolt or it won't slide into the mag well far enough to lock in. Downloading one round from a full magazine will do it, but it's still tight. Downloading two eliminates a lot of potential problems.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    :dunno: all of the mags I've stuffed in my rifle have enough room to function properly when fully loaded.
    YMMV with your mags, mag catch & bolt. Working your gear to find the right methods are what's key.

Feel free to hand me your downloaded rounds, I'll send 'em. :stickpoke:

Top Bottom