Revere's Riders 2-day Basic Rifle in Nashville, IN (Dec 3-4)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    This event is still 2+ months away but Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club is an awesome range in a beautiful setting that you won't want to miss. Enjoy the usual expert Revere's Riders rifle marksmanship instruction including:

• firearms safety rules
    • rifle parts, operation and ammunition
    • shooting fundamentals
    • natural point of aim
    • shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions using a loop sling
    • introduction to sight adjustment
    • chance to test your skill against the Revere's Riders qualification tests

Both beginning and experienced shooters will learn something from this event not to mention spending 2 days in "ballistic therapy". Interspersed with the marksmanship instruction will be some history of the events of April 19, 1775 and the first skirmishes of the Revolutionary War leading to the founding of our great nation.

You can find complete event details and purchase tickets at the Revere's Riders website: Upcoming Events ? 2-day Basic Rifle (Nashville, IN) ? Revere's Riders

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I will likely be there for this one. I have been wanting to attend for about a year, and finally one looks like it will work with my schedule! Pretty excited for it.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    There are still plenty of spots on the line for this event.

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club is a great venue and we are likely to have it to ourselves in December :) I attended this event last year and had a GREAT time. Assuming the event will be run similar to last year, there will be a fire pit to gather around and knock some of the chill off while listening to Revolutionary War history. If you are so inclined, I don't think anyone would mind if you brought fixin's for S'mores or hot dogs over the fire (hell, I might even bring S'Mores now that I'm thinking about it; if enough folks request S'mores in this thread, I'll bring 'em).

While it is likely to be a little on the colder side (which I, personally, don't mind) it's usually not brutally cold yet. Last year I was fine in a couple layers of shirts, a Carhartt coat and flannel lined jeans. You will definitely want gloves to wear while not actually having your finger on the trigger of your rifle.

On Sunday we will get to shoot from the 100 yard line on steel (ping!). I would say that it's almost a given that there will be a "US Rifle, Caliber .30, M1" sitting on the line on Sunday if you'd care to fire a "full power" rifle.

Last year the below young lady came out and had a great time shooting with us:

rr_dec2015_48_23289885000_o.jpg

If she can do it, you can too!

Challenge yourself at this event to score rifleman on the Revere's Riders qualification series while "layered up" for the cold!

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    If you are concerned about the weather for this event, we WILL have a fire going (I'm bringing the wood :)) plus all the fixin's for S'Mores. Enjoy a gooey fall treat while you listen to some Revolutionary War history around the fire; complete the weekend by brushing up on your marksmanship and testing your skill on our qualifier.

Last edited:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Still plenty of room on the line for this event. 9 days should be long enough after Turkey Day to get down in prone to perforate some paper, right :):

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Still plenty of room on the line for this event. 9 days should be long enough after Turkey Day to get down in prone to perforate some paper, right :):

Use "GiveThanks2016" at checkout to get a 13% discount off your ticket thru the 29th. Weather forecast is looking great for the first weekend in December: low 40s and mostly cloudy (no rain or snow).

Sign-up for the Revere's Riders email newsletter when you make your ticket purchase (click the box during checkout) or simply go to the website footer and sign-up without a purchase. You'll get email notifications of future discounts.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We had just a handful of shooters come out on Saturday and Sunday but it was a diverse crowd from the ages of the shooters to the rifles that they brought to shoot. The distances that people drove were also impressive. We had a gentleman come down from the Kokomo area, another from Portage (NWI) and a father and son from the St. Louis area. Saturday the weather was cool and nice while Sunday the weather was cold and wet which tested the shooters and their gear. On Sunday we were treated to several low-level flyovers by 2 pairs of A-10s getting some practice at nearby Camp Atterbury.

Over the next several weeks the Revere's Riders schedule for 2017 should start taking shape. Sign up for an event and then attend regardless of the weather forecast to see how well you and your gear do in less-than-ideal conditions.

Top Bottom