• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Dang it! Just talked to a buddy about coming out to this one. He really wants to do a KD but I told him one of these were prerequisites. He was still rather excited about it. Better check the RR schedule for another one.

Matt

The good thing about my sponsored shoots, is they are a special kind of shoot. The bad thing about my sponsored shoot's is you have to be ready to pull the trigger when announced because the tickets dont last long.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Can my son and I get on a waiting list for this one? If that's not possible, I understand.
    We don't normally maintain a waiting list for the RR events. If an event fills up early and we have cancellations before the event date, we'll just re-open the registration on the RR website. Given the sponsor for the Richmond event, it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing any cancellations.

There is still room on the line for the Bedford event at the end of April ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...25-2-day-basic-rifle-22-23-april-bedford.html ). We do have access to very affordable ammo from Federal (CCI Standard Velocity) that is designated for youth use only. Let me know if you and your son sign up for the Bedford event, and I'll make sure we have some ammo on hand for him.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a question in regards to ammo for this event. I am planning on using my 5.56 AR rifle for the weekend and primarily use either Wolf steel case or Lake City steel tip ammo in that rifle. I noticed on the details for the event there will be steel targets in use. Will there be an issue with me using ammo that has a bi-metal jacketed or steel tipped bullet on the steel targets? I'm aware of the concerns that some folks have with this kind of ammo on steel targets and wanted to ask for permission before I do something that isn't approved. This will not be a deal breaker if the answer is no, I just want to be respectful to the event and owner.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a question in regards to ammo for this event. I am planning on using my 5.56 AR rifle for the weekend and primarily use either Wolf steel case or Lake City steel tip ammo in that rifle. I noticed on the details for the event there will be steel targets in use. Will there be an issue with me using ammo that has a bi-metal jacketed or steel tipped bullet on the steel targets? I'm aware of the concerns that some folks have with this kind of ammo on steel targets and wanted to ask for permission before I do something that isn't approved. This will not be a deal breaker if the answer is no, I just want to be respectful to the event and owner.

We your steel tip ammo would be find for Saturday, and most of Sunday when we are shooting paper. You are correct when we transition to steel I dont want steel tip to be shot at the targets. If you can bring something else that would be fine, if you cant we will figure something out (IE, Ill loan you a rifle, trade you for non steeltip ammo, sel you ammo, etc)

On a side note, as soon as I get back from NRA ( 5-2ish) Im going to work on the giveaway list.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Changed my shooting partner from my dad to a youth (nephew)... hopefully that will be ok.

Can't answer the "is that OK?" part of the question, unfortunately.

However, if you get the thumbs up from TJ (the Event Director), please go to the A&A Optics event page on the Revere's Riders website. Right under the map of the range, you should see text similar to "You have 1 Ticket for this Events. View your Tickets". Click the "View your Tickets" link which will take you to a page where you can update the participant information to reflect that of your nephew instead of your dad.

Thanks and see you next month!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Here we go. I have gone through, and picked out a final list of giveaway items. When picking the list I try for a couple things.

1. Retail value around 4000 dollars.
    2. Roughly a 1 in 4 chance of winning something.

This year we are giving away 7 total optics (1 in 4.28 chance), and the retail value came in at 4113 dollars

2x Strike eagle 1-6's
    2x PST 1-4's
    1 Spitfire AR
    1 PST 6-24 FFP
    1 Talon HD 8x42 Bino.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    TJ,
    Sent you an e-mail via the RR address. Just doubling down so you know it's out there.
    Nigel

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have another few questions.

1) I'm assuming that we will need to provide our own food and drink for the weekend.

2) Also, in regards to camping, will there be a campfire and/or wood available to have a small fire on site?

3) If we arrive Friday evening, will we be able to setup camp that night?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have another few questions.

1) I'm assuming that we will need to provide our own food and drink for the weekend.

2) Also, in regards to camping, will there be a campfire and/or wood available to have a small fire on site?

3) If we arrive Friday evening, will we be able to setup camp that night?

Yes provide your own food/drink for the weekend. There will be a fire to cook on, and there will be a gas grill next to the camping spot. Im not a master griller, but your welcome to use the grill to cook to your liking.

Yes if you want to arive Friday night you will be able to set up camp that night. I dont know of anyone else camping Friday, but your more than welcome to.

Top Bottom