• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congratulations ! 4 possibly 5 more years until I retire, I’m already trying to talk my wife into me buying a 1968 442 convertible as my retirement gift (I had one back in the 80’s and have ALWAYS regretted selling it). She’s not seeing things my way but I have some time to wear her down:cool:
    I guy I worked with at ponderosa in HS had a 442. It had the hurst speedshifter. It was a really nice car.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congrats.

Get the Citori. I’d like to imagine that’s the kind of gift that used to be given at retirements by colleagues

I remember when a guy for Indiana division fish & wildlife retired after like 35yrs the boys got him an engraved Golden Boy.
    You may be right on that. I could see a nice O/U being a retirement gift that they should have given me instead of something stupid like a watch or clock.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do you have an anti vehicle long gun in your arsenal? If not then get a Barrett M107A1. Since you'll be retired you might have more time to reload for it too
    I have to admit that is a hole in my collection... I would have to do some "odd jobs" to pay for part of that :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congrats ExPat! What the hey, buy each one! I've got 3 years til 65. Would retire but can't afford the insurance so will wait until 65. Enjoy your time.
    I can COBRA my work benefits until Medicare and I have save enough in my HSA to cover it. I figured I gotta use that money for something why not this

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Congrats, hats off and enjoy. It’s good to see you will have a self congratulatory present that is special, very special. If you truly want to make it a spectacular event, then by all means present all of us with a congratulatory present.

You really need to share this moment with people who care.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    LOL, I really am a segment of the "poors"! My gift to me is to open and drink a bottle of wine that was given to me when my first granddaughter was born. The name of the winery is her name; she was named after it actually.

I will be turning 65 and retiring at the same time so we are going to have a combo party to celebrate both.

In reality, I already bought my gift to me: after 40+ years of driving company cars(which I greatly appreciate), I have finally bought something as a daily driver that I want to drive, not what the companies I worked for dictated.

Good luck on figuring out which one and congrats on reaching retirement! I have about 9 more months!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So I am retiring a bit earlier than planned. I plan on waiting 1.5 years to start drawing on my SS and pension, which will be age 65. I will need to tighten the belt a little bit. But I thought before I tighten it too much, I should get myself a congratulatory gift.
    Things I am considering:
    H&K USP Expert .45
    H&K MR762a1
    Galil Ace 2 5.56
    Citori 20g

I am not sure which of these I need most or if there is something else that I might need even more...

Congrats!

I think you can do better than your list there though. For your retirement, I suggest you buy a Winchester 1886 45-70. Get the one with the saddle ring! Send it to BigRed! You will be amazed how good giving makes you feel! And that good feeling will be my congratulatory gift to you!

Lpherr

Occupied
    Congrats!

I think you can do better than your list there though. For your retirement, I suggest you buy a Winchester 1886 45-70. Get the one with the saddle ring! Send it to BigRed! You will be amazed how good giving makes you feel! And that good feeling will be my congratulatory gift to you!
    Do Ford Broncos come with saddles?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If I had to choose a gift from your list for retirement I’d go with the Citori. I’m not a hunter or Trap shooter but I’ve always admired the fit and feel of the Brownings. Plus it’s probably something I’d never buy for myself unless it was a super pimp deal. lol

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    So I am retiring a bit earlier than planned. I plan on waiting 1.5 years to start drawing on my SS and pension, which will be age 65. I will need to tighten the belt a little bit. But I thought before I tighten it too much, I should get myself a congratulatory gift.
    Things I am considering:
    H&K USP Expert .45
    H&K MR762a1
    Galil Ace 2 5.56
    Citori 20g

I am not sure which of these I need most or if there is something else that I might need even more...

Ive personally spend dumb money on "tactical' guns and they are nice but I have a habit of turning utilitarian guns into tools. I also have a citori and while its also a tool of sorts its a really nice one and its easily my favorite shotgun. Especially if you actual plan to hunt/shoot it you wont regret that decision im certain of that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Things I am considering:
    H&K USP Expert .45
    H&K MR762a1
    Galil Ace 2 5.56
    Citori 20g

Pick one for the initial retirement, and then add the rest to a list to get for each anniversary of retirement date.

Top Bottom