• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I read that you still have to pay the local fee. Is that true?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    The gf did her finger prints on Friday. She's unsure what step is next
    Should be to take the proof of that to the local constabulary along with whatever form comes with the online application, right? Pay any local fees (are those still allowed? Tip. County had none when I did mine), then wait a month or two for it to arrive in the mail. I did mine just after the 5 yr became free, so the memory's a little fuzzy on particulars.

The hardest part was getting the website to not crash while trying to complete it and scheduling the fingerprinting around openings and when I'd be in town.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Should be to take the proof of that to the local constabulary along with whatever form comes with the online application, right? Pay any local fees (are those still allowed? Tip. County had none when I did mine), then wait a month or two for it to arrive in the mail. I did mine just after the 5 yr became free, so the memory's a little fuzzy on particulars.

The hardest part was getting the website to not crash while trying to complete it and scheduling the fingerprinting around openings and when I'd be in town.
    We live in Indy. When I did mine years ago I took paper work to a building on Washington got finger printed them some time later stuff showed up in the mail. Not sure if she needs to drop her papers off with them or what

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    We live in Indy. When I did mine years ago I took paper work to a building on Washington got finger printed them some time later stuff showed up in the mail. Not sure if she needs to drop her papers off with them or what
    I had to drop off my proof of finger printing to the county sheriff's office. The full instructions should be on the website where she filled out the initial application. Don't even have to sign-in, cool: https://www.in.gov/isp/2829.htm

From that page:
    1) Complete a Handgun License Application online at the Indiana State Police Handgun Licensing Portal
    2) Schedule an appointment to submit your fingerprints electronically at a location convenient to you.
    3) Complete local law enforcement (sheriff or municipal police) agency processing within 180 days [of starting the application online].
    Stuff in square brackets added by me.

When step 3 is clicked:
    Within 90 days [of completeing fingerprinting] you MUST visit your local law enforcement agency and bring your:
    • Handgun License Application Number
    • Local fee payment
    Says 180 on the main page and 90 on the in-page pop-up for part 3. Comments in square brackets are my best initial-guess on meaning. I'd try to do it as early as convenient. The longer she waits to submit, the longer she waits to receive it. I want to say I waited a month and a half or so, but I don't rightly know at this point.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Wife is scheduled to get her prints done Friday. Next week we'll go pay the local fee and wait for her card. She has to tag along to the LGS's to start fangering things to see what she like. Lord, let it not be something $$$.

Just imagine how much less work and consternation there’d be if true Constitutional Carry was implemented.

“Shall not be infringed” is pretty ****ing clear.

"We won't let you bake a cake, so here's a free cookie." - IN.gov

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife just did her app today. Fingerprints are scheduled for this Wednesday. I'm kinda miffed that we still have to pay a local fee but whatever. Once and done.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Frankly I'd be surprised if the opposition didn't come up with convoluted argument against RTC or free LTCH. Can say they didn't fail me in this case.

Top Bottom