• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Believe it or not, this topic has actually come up before... WAY before... I'm thinking May of 2008...

I think my response was something to the effect of "set it on top of the TP dispenser if it's level enough." Now that I'm older and wiser *ahem* that's probably not the best answer in the world. ;) When I have mine on, it stays in the holster, and I will the pants to stay at my knees and not hit the floor.

<insert Yoda voice here> hmm the force is strong in this one hmm yes....

:D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    In all seriousness why not just buy a better holster and belt? That way you can just leave it where it belongs.
    Yep, but the weight of it still has it fall on the floor (in its better holster attached to the better belt) when your pants are undone and around your knees. The gun may not go off, but it certainly lets people know something just hit the floor (and let's just not think about the state of some of the bathroom floors I've seen).

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yep, but the weight of it still has it fall on the floor (in its better holster attached to the better belt) when your pants are undone and around your knees. The gun may not go off, but it certainly lets people know something just hit the floor (and let's just not think about the state of some of the bathroom floors I've seen).

I have never had this happen. I just lower my pants laying the holster against my leg. My thigh drops are a whole different matter though.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for all the help.....not so much the visuals(but if it helps others), I did do a search but diden't come up with anything. As always it is entertaining and I used the term "firearm" to avoid any "rifle & gun confusion"

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I am usually wearing an IWB holster so the gun is not visible even if my pants are. If I am open carrying which isn't often I use the aforementioned hammock method.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    JERRY
    Don't you see what's goin' on here??? .. No boxers, no Jockeys..
    ELAINE
    Eeaawww...
    JERRY
    The only thing between us is a thin layer of gabardine..
    JERRY
    Kramer, say it isn't so.
    KRAMER
    Oh, it be so.
    I'm out there, Jerry, an' I'm lllovin' every minute of it!!!

INGunGuy

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    :poop:
    I was thinking as I wait for my LTCH what do when the need for a "major transaction" happens and you have to use a public restroom? I don't like the idea of my firearm touching the floor and I certainly don't need someone:runaway: and the mall SWAT team disturding me, or someone trying to grab my firearm. I'll hang up and listen to your answer, thanks.

"...disturding me,..." Freudian slip, LOL
    :D

:poop:

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hammock method.

When you drop your pants, place the gun (in holster if removable) in between legs in pants "cradle." Drop boxers to cover (if not commando or INGO thong.);)

It's also a good way not to forget your gun as you will have to remove it to put your pants back on.
    I heard a couple of stories, it happens.

Top Bottom